"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #21
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
LOL BT!

I am not one who would go looking for a man with scars, but if a man I was interested in had scars it wouldn't have chased me away.

A scar by itself doesn't really intrique anyone--it's the story behind the scar.

Barbara
I have a dang good story for mine.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #22
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
I have a dang good story for mine.
See what I added to my post after you posted this. That was an interesting story!

I don't know how James (Maidrite) has gotten through life without a zillion scars. Someday one of us will have to fill you in on all the ways he should have been dead before reaching adulthood!

Barbara

Old 10-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #23
Head Chef

a boar. man thats gotta hurt. im going to lunch RQ(real quick) so when i get back i might post my story. its kinda long.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
That was sweet, thanks. Yeah im a pretty focused kinda person. My problem is i want to grow up fast but like you said i have to be patient and faithful. I just know that the next step in my life is marriage and alot of kids. ok 5 kids thats a good number. Hopefully she will want to have that many children. LOL i dont plan on getting any more scars or at least not for a while. man im just excited to bring kids into the world and experience the thrill and joy of teaching them and also being with them and listening to them tell there stories about there day. any way i have always wondered about the whole scar thing. lol
All kidding and scars aside, I have to say it's lovely hearing a man speak so openly about how he feels and his excitement over having a family. I think all guys actually have thoughts and feelings, but it's sort of a theory at this point because ya'll rarely express them. Honestly, I think a guy that talks is way more attractive than any scars or tattoos or piercings he might have. You'll be a wonderful dad, but take your time finding the right wife so that you'll be able to enjoy your 5 kids together for the rest of your lives!
Old 10-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

yup. otherwise it's he11, and you end up having to shove all of your feelings down into your gut, kepping it there with all of that black stuff and goo, like a real man!

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:57 PM   #26
Head Chef

Yes i have been working on expressing feelings. Its something that is not easy for me to do and i read a book called love and respect that talks about how to connect with your spouse. women=love such as emotional connection,closeness,openness and what not and men=respect such as they are appreciated for what they do. and that there spouse supports them in there hobbies. I do sometimes feel weird telling others this but i find it important at the same time because it gets me out of my comfort zone. Now to actually tell someone with words is a lil harder than typing it out. and thanx for your comments. ok now i feel weird...lol
Old 10-18-2007, 03:07 PM   #27
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to keltin
Quote:
women=love such as emotional connection,closeness,openness and what not and men=respect such as they are appreciated for what they do. and that there spouse supports them in there hobbies.

Ah, grasshopper, you have much to learn.

You should consciously try to remove your dualistic view of the human species. These attributes you speak of are common to both sexes.....they are common to the human condition. Men need love and to be connected with others just as women need to be praised for a job well done and made to feel that they and their efforts are appreciated. Men can be emotional and chatty, and women can be sullen and withdrawn. Ones sex does not determine ones feelings, actions, or needs!

Now, snatch this Bud Light from my hand!
Old 10-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltin View Post
[/color]
Men can be emotional and chatty, and women can be sullen and withdrawn. Ones sex does not determine ones feelings, actions, or needs!
I wanna meet your friends, keltin!
Old 10-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #29
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltin View Post
[/color]

Ah, grasshopper, you have much to learn.

You should consciously try to remove your dualistic view of the human species. These attributes you speak of are common to both sexes.....they are common to the human condition. Men need love and to be connected with others just as women need to be praised for a job well done and made to feel that they and their efforts are appreciated. Men can be emotional and chatty, and women can be sullen and withdrawn. Ones sex does not determine ones feelings, actions, or needs!

Now, snatch this Bud Light from my hand!
I agree with that 100%. The book was discussing more of a universal principal for women and men. I mean heck yeah im gonna compliment my wife and say a dang good job done. lol. ill also support her in her hobbies. ok back to scars now. any of you guys have some cool ones
Old 10-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #30
Sous Chef

If you think you are going to learn all about women by a book you got another think coming!! hahaha

Just when you think you understand what to do with them they throw you a curve ball.