Do chicks really dig scars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you serious? Did that happen to you? How?

Yeah. Many years ago I was mowing the lawn wearing tennis shoes (why the lawn was wearing tennis shoes I'll never know). I took a few steps backwards, slipped and fell. My right foot went under the mower and the deed was done.

I'll never forget the ambulance attendant. He had great bedside manner. He took a look at my foot and said, "Holy crap, Mister! You did one heck of a number on that foot!"

I'm one of the statistics that lead to the introduction of those flap type safety guards that are now on the back of mower decks.

I shattered my wrist falling off a horse (6" scar)
Carpal tunnel surgery, removed the "Funny Bone" of elbow. (4" scar)
Knee surgery (4 1" scars)
Don't let me get going on the emotional scars! LOL (they are HUGE!!!)

good thing he wasn't trimming waist high hedges, huh?

that'll definitely affect your "gait"...

Wow Buck, that almost happened to me once! I slipped just like you, and as I fell my hands went up raising the lawnmower, and my feet where headed straight for the blade! Somehow, I manage to quickly shift and caught the body of the mower with the heel of my foot...but for some reason didn’t let go of the handle. So I was lying on the ground balancing the running mower on my foot while holding the handle. I finally “woke up” and threw it away from me. I always wondered what would have happened if my foot had actually gone in that day.

Did it cut all of your toes off? Did they put them back on?

Speaking of great things to say....when I got hit by that softball and my lip was split, they held a towel over it until the Doctor came in. I’m lying on the table in the ER covered with this towel, and the Doctor comes in snapping on some rubber gloves. Then he says “let’s take a look at what we have here”.

He pulls the towel off, and I SWEAR to you he said “Oh God”. I’m not lying! I almost passed out!

But, he immediately went to work and did a great job!

Wow Buck, that almost happened to me once! I slipped just like you, and as I fell my hands went up raising the lawnmower, and my feet where headed straight for the blade! Somehow, I manage to quickly shift and caught the body of the mower with the heel of my foot...but for some reason didn’t let go of the handle. So I was lying on the ground balancing the running mower on my foot while holding the handle. I finally “woke up” and threw it away from me. I always wondered what would have happened if my foot had actually gone in that day.

Did it cut all of your toes off? Did they put them back on?

There wasn't anything left to reattach. I'm missing all but the two outboard-most toes on my right foot.

Back
Top Bottom