"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
Senior Cook

I don't know...

I'm not one of the people who creates the demands for these photos - I buy the odd cooking magazine, and that's it. I have no real interest in seeing anyone's baby photos unless I happen to know them

But, should I happen to be famous (which, thankfully, I'm not and would prefer to remain that way!) and someone offered me a huge amount of money for my bubs pictures, sure I'd take it and donate it to charity. It's not like the kids aren't going to e photographed to death anyway - why shouldn't some less fortunate people benefit from it?

Although I'll join the chorus of people who don't understand why the demand is there in the first place!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #12
Executive Chef

I feel differently in that I thought it was rather brilliant of them to do this. They did it with their first child together and it yielded an enormous donation for their favorite African and Cambodian Relief Charities. After all, someone was going to get the first baby pics at some point. Better to get it out of the way on their terms with the money going to causes near and dear to them. Obviously I don't know either of them or anything about them personally. But I would sure hate to have the press camped out behind every tree trying to get the first pics of my newest child.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #13
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Playing the devil's advocate here, I do somewhat understand why they do it that way. I read a few years ago that the paparazzi do not hound Angelina and Brad because they set these photo shoots up for them. They know that they will be hounded like all the others, and the magazines will get their pictures one way or another, so they figure they might as well call the shots.

Personally, I think celebrities' children (and the rest of the family) should be off-bounds in magazines. The family didn't ask for all that attention, the celebrity did.

Barbara
Old 08-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

I adore children and find pictures of beautiful babies soothing..That said I don't go out of my way to see the babies of the rich and famous...If I want beautiful babies, all I have to do is pick up the phone and have my daughters bring the kids here.Or look at the pictures lining my walls..There are also some really beautiful babies her at DC..Plus our babies are free to play and be themselves without someone dogging there every footstep with a camera..(grand ma's with camera's don't count)
kadesma
Old 08-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #15
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Yeah.

I heard on the news that the first photos of Brad Pitt's and Angelina Jolie's twins sold for $14 million and I was disgusted by the thought.

I thought I'd get on the gravy train. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.
the gravy train with the biscut wheels?

mmm biscuts
Old 08-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
wait, I've been posting my kids for free....
should I be asking five bucks for each person that clicks on my annoying "look how cute my kids are!" threads????
Or maybe I should ask $5 each to NOT post them.....
Old 08-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #17
Master Chef

I am not a fan, have never seen their babies, and have never once bought one of those magazines so I am not part of the problem. If their business rested on people like me, they would all be broke.
And the Paparazi should be added to this years list of animals you can get permits to hunt for... bow and arrow preferred.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #18
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
sell out the kids while you can...sheesh, and we wonder why others hate us...