Do I have a Deal for You!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
For a limited time only, you have the opportunity to purchase photos of my grandson for the unbelievably low price of...

NOT $14,000,000

NOT $7,000,000

No, for just $1,000,000 (plus S&H) I will provide you with an array of photographs of my beautiful grandson.

But Wait!

Order in the next 20 minutes and I will double the number of pictures for the same price!

Seriously, folks, am I the only one who thinks it's absurd that anyone would pay that ridiculous sum for baby pictures?!?!?

"Enquiring" minds want to know if you are talking about some celebrity's baby?

Yeah.

I heard on the news that the first photos of Brad Pitt's and Angelina Jolie's twins sold for $14 million and I was disgusted by the thought.

I thought I'd get on the gravy train. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Hey if HollyWeird can tell us who to vote for, and we listen, why can't they sell their pictures for some unbelivable amount of money. We are the once who listen to them about the appropriate way to behave in life, we are the once who will pay those $14,000,000.00 million dolars.

I'm with you Andy M, and Charlie D. Most of what I have seen of Hollywood celebs is that thye do not have family values and get paid way more than the good folks who save our lives.

I believe Princess Diana would be alive if not for Paparatzi and this just keeps on making it lucrative for them to propogate their intrusive ways.

AC

In my mind, the problem is that there is such a huge demand for this type of photo that the media would pay that kind of money for them. Imagine how many magazines have to be sold to make that $14 million back with a profit!

Andy, I thought the same thing. Yes, they say the $ is going to charity. I still think it's disgusting. They are photos of the children of two narcissistic egomaniacs, IMO. I could care less.

I rarely purchase People, but when I do it's to read the Tim Russert story. I won't even pick up this issue in a Dr.'s office. No thanks. Let them live their charmed life. I prefer to be real.

Exactly my point, we the fans are indeed the problem. Time to wake up and get back into reality. Time to live normal life, not the fantacy world they offer us.

Not only are they cheapening the what should be a blessed momment of their babies birth how much do you want to bet they already know how long they will be married for! It seems these days celebrities take the value of what a marriage and family is all about with a grain of salt. Everytime I hear of a new celebrity couple get married or have a child I ask myself, ok how long will this one last. It to me is embarrassing and shameful to know we as a society hold these people up on a pedestal! Of course there are always the exceptions. I know they exist, but it is getting fewer and farther between :(

I don't know...

I'm not one of the people who creates the demands for these photos - I buy the odd cooking magazine, and that's it. I have no real interest in seeing anyone's baby photos unless I happen to know them :)

But, should I happen to be famous (which, thankfully, I'm not and would prefer to remain that way!) and someone offered me a huge amount of money for my bubs pictures, sure I'd take it and donate it to charity. It's not like the kids aren't going to e photographed to death anyway - why shouldn't some less fortunate people benefit from it?

Although I'll join the chorus of people who don't understand why the demand is there in the first place!

I feel differently in that I thought it was rather brilliant of them to do this. They did it with their first child together and it yielded an enormous donation for their favorite African and Cambodian Relief Charities. After all, someone was going to get the first baby pics at some point. Better to get it out of the way on their terms with the money going to causes near and dear to them. Obviously I don't know either of them or anything about them personally. But I would sure hate to have the press camped out behind every tree trying to get the first pics of my newest child.

Playing the devil's advocate here, I do somewhat understand why they do it that way. I read a few years ago that the paparazzi do not hound Angelina and Brad because they set these photo shoots up for them. They know that they will be hounded like all the others, and the magazines will get their pictures one way or another, so they figure they might as well call the shots.

Personally, I think celebrities' children (and the rest of the family) should be off-bounds in magazines. The family didn't ask for all that attention, the celebrity did.

:dry:Barbara

I adore children and find pictures of beautiful babies soothing..That said I don't go out of my way to see the babies of the rich and famous...If I want beautiful babies, all I have to do is pick up the phone and have my daughters bring the kids here.Or look at the pictures lining my walls..There are also some really beautiful babies her at DC..Plus our babies are free to play and be themselves without someone dogging there every footstep with a camera..(grand ma's with camera's don't count):LOL:
kadesma

Yeah.

I heard on the news that the first photos of Brad Pitt's and Angelina Jolie's twins sold for $14 million and I was disgusted by the thought.

I thought I'd get on the gravy train. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

the gravy train with the biscut wheels?

mmm biscuts

wait, I've been posting my kids for free....
should I be asking five bucks for each person that clicks on my annoying "look how cute my kids are!" threads????
Or maybe I should ask $5 each to NOT post them.....

I am not a fan, have never seen their babies, and have never once bought one of those magazines so I am not part of the problem. If their business rested on people like me, they would all be broke.
And the Paparazi should be added to this years list of animals you can get permits to hunt for... bow and arrow preferred.

Back
Top Bottom