"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-04-2008, 07:29 AM   #1
Certified Pretend Chef

Do I have a Deal for You!

For a limited time only, you have the opportunity to purchase photos of my grandson for the unbelievably low price of...

NOT $14,000,000

NOT $7,000,000

No, for just $1,000,000 (plus S&H) I will provide you with an array of photographs of my beautiful grandson.

But Wait!

Order in the next 20 minutes and I will double the number of pictures for the same price!

Seriously, folks, am I the only one who thinks it's absurd that anyone would pay that ridiculous sum for baby pictures?!?!?

Old 08-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

"Enquiring" minds want to know if you are talking about some celebrity's baby?

Old 08-04-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

Yeah.

I heard on the news that the first photos of Brad Pitt's and Angelina Jolie's twins sold for $14 million and I was disgusted by the thought.

I thought I'd get on the gravy train. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:15 AM   #4
Master Chef

Hey if HollyWeird can tell us who to vote for, and we listen, why can't they sell their pictures for some unbelivable amount of money. We are the once who listen to them about the appropriate way to behave in life, we are the once who will pay those $14,000,000.00 million dolars.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #5
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
I'm with you Andy M, and Charlie D. Most of what I have seen of Hollywood celebs is that thye do not have family values and get paid way more than the good folks who save our lives.

I believe Princess Diana would be alive if not for Paparatzi and this just keeps on making it lucrative for them to propogate their intrusive ways.

AC
Old 08-04-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

In my mind, the problem is that there is such a huge demand for this type of photo that the media would pay that kind of money for them. Imagine how many magazines have to be sold to make that $14 million back with a profit!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
Sous Chef

Andy, I thought the same thing. Yes, they say the $ is going to charity. I still think it's disgusting. They are photos of the children of two narcissistic egomaniacs, IMO. I could care less.

I rarely purchase People, but when I do it's to read the Tim Russert story. I won't even pick up this issue in a Dr.'s office. No thanks. Let them live their charmed life. I prefer to be real.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #8
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Agreed. Andy, unfortunately, we (the fans, not necessarily you or me) are the demad.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #9
Master Chef

Exactly my point, we the fans are indeed the problem. Time to wake up and get back into reality. Time to live normal life, not the fantacy world they offer us.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Not only are they cheapening the what should be a blessed momment of their babies birth how much do you want to bet they already know how long they will be married for! It seems these days celebrities take the value of what a marriage and family is all about with a grain of salt. Everytime I hear of a new celebrity couple get married or have a child I ask myself, ok how long will this one last. It to me is embarrassing and shameful to know we as a society hold these people up on a pedestal! Of course there are always the exceptions. I know they exist, but it is getting fewer and farther between

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote