Do me a favour, is it flavor or flavour..lol!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But you know, we Canadians get our jabs in at our Southern neighbours as well, eh?

We had a pastor a few years ago who was from Pennsylvania. He always referred to the big entrance hallway as a "fo-yur". It got to be a running joke. He would announce that there were refreshments after service in the foyur and we would all yell in unison "Foy-eh"!!! (hey, there is that eh sound again!). Even though he and his family left over 5 years ago, The word foyer still gets a laugh or two ;)

I have to say as a Brit living in Wales and as I am dyslexic I have a problem at present.
I use firefox and when it upgraded to 5 my spell checker vanished and will not re-install.
I am just happy that some of my posts make sense.I do realise my punctuation, spelling and grammar is crap but not one person here has smacked me for it.
I used to use hear as here and wear as where, there and their are also dificult to choose:)

There

Their

They're not the same.

Some people will say to when they mean two, too.

But you know, we Canadians get our jabs in at our Southern neighbours as well, eh?

We had a pastor a few years ago who was from Pennsylvania. He always referred to the big entrance hallway as a "fo-yur". It got to be a running joke. He would announce that there were refreshments after service in the foyur and we would all yell in unison "Foy-eh"!!! (hey, there is that eh sound again!). Even though he and his family left over 5 years ago, The word foyer still gets a laugh or two ;)

He must have been from down by Pittsburgh. Those folks don't know how to talk yet. It's foy-yer

;)

He must have been from down by Pittsburgh. Those folks don't know how to talk yet. It's foy-yer

;)
Are you pronouncing the "r"? If you "are" then you aren't Speaking Canadian :LOL:

It's like one of the Kia Vehicles. When they were advertising it a lot it was easy to tell if we were watching an American or Canadian station - American "Sportage" with a hard "g" ; Canadian "Sport awj" with a drawn out second syllable. ;) Every time I would here it the American way I would cringe.

People from Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont also use "eh" a lot.

those must be people really close to their northern borders, or transplanted canadians (spies, you know.)

with honest respect, zhi, i've never heard anyone from vermont, n.h., or maine say eh the same way canadians do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom