Do you ask your spouse what he or she wants for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I had that problem as I am now single (age68) and I have a whee of a time making up my little mind on what kind of burnt offering I should fix.

i'm the same as andy; it's not a simple answer.

sometimes she asks what i want, often from a few choices. i do the same if i'm cooking. i offer to get take out much more often, but then let her choose from where, or at least the type of food.
and just to round things out, sometimes we each make something that the other just isn't in the mood for, and we fend for ourselves. leftovers are usually eaten for lunch on subsequent days by us both.

Every now and then ... and sometimes he wants something specific or knows I have something thawing, but most times he's darn happy he married someone who grew up in a restaurant. He's not picky, but not very adventurous either.

Mine doesn't care and is fun to cook for as he will eat anything........his only request is to have lots of veggies.......when I'm in the states he will make a big wok of stir fry and eat that all week.........he's a pretty good cook himself though he cooks like an engineer......everything is meticulously measured not one atom more or less, he sets his watch to go off when he's to remove the dish from heat-----also 3,000 dishes and pots bear testimony to his "chef" presence in the kitchen......wipe up the countertops???

expatty, explain to him that a good engineer is efficient, whereby pots and pans are cleaned when their use is done, and time permits while other things cook.

efficiency is both the curse and the goal of every engineer.

expatty, explain to him that a good engineer is efficient, whereby pots and pans are cleaned when their use is done, and time permits while other things cook.

efficiency is both the curse and the goal of every engineer.

my engineer thinks he's the "chef" when he's in the kitchen and I'm the "cook":LOL:....he'll go to his computer right after we've eaten the meal (that's taken a bit longer than usual but it's all done under "controlled environmental conditions" and when he sees me cleaning up after his "efficient management systems" I'll hear.......Hon, leave those alone I'll get to them later............yeah, in what eon??? No, just kidding---glad that he "helps" from time to time and his meals are good...:)

Since my husband has pretty well taken over the cooking since he retired, I may make suggestions, but I pretty much eat what he fixes.

Bless his heart!

jake's not my spouse, cept we agree on a dinner. i wouldn't just cook him a dinner unless he/i said so & we both agreed, same as when he takes me to dinners out. we haggle.

My husband will eat just about anything I prepare, but I wish he would come up with an idea now and then. Sometimes, I'm just at a loss. When he says "I don"t care" or some such thing I tell him I don't have a recipe for that.

Mostly I ask my son what he would like (only one more year of spoiling him). Last night I asked him to help me make stir fried rice, and explained that he could use any left over meat for the chicken, and more vegetables to make it more colorful. We had left over rice from the curry experiment to use up. I don't want him starving or buying junk to eat when he moves out and he loves his rice!

Mostly I ask my son what he would like (only one more year of spoiling him). Last night I asked him to help me make stir fried rice, and explained that he could use any left over meat for the chicken, and more vegetables to make it more colorful. We had left over rice from the curry experiment to use up. I don't want him starving or buying junk to eat when he moves out and he loves his rice!

My son just moved out on his own over the summer. He's still getting used to paying bills and such. He's finding it expensive to eat from the
7-11 or ordering out! He called me last week and said "mom, how do I make your mac 'n' cheese?" He called several days later to get my recipe for chicken nuggets. Then he says can I send him some other recipes for him to try like my lasagne that he likes and my special grilled cheese. So I just typed up a bunch of recipes and emailed them to him. He had no interest in learning all that while he was home!

My son just moved out on his own over the summer. He's still getting used to paying bills and such. He's finding it expensive to eat from the
7-11 or ordering out! He called me last week and said "mom, how do I make your mac 'n' cheese?" He called several days later to get my recipe for chicken nuggets. Then he says can I send him some other recipes for him to try like my lasagne that he likes and my special grilled cheese. So I just typed up a bunch of recipes and emailed them to him. He had no interest in learning all that while he was home!

well, no! he had Mom to be his Personal Chef then! ;)

Every once in a while I will ask him.....his response? "whatever you want" or "I'll be happy with a pot of noodles"!!!!! GRRRR:mad:I wish just once he'd request a 7 course meal & give me some sort of a challenge:ermm:
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom