"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #11
Executive Chef

I believe, I mean why not? We can't possibly be the only living entities in the universe. Also I had a friend being in a normal frame of mind and from New York. City meaning he has seen everythingt that swears he saw UFOs while camping in Mexico. Dh who is an old time cowboy with the real cowboy ethics and not one for baloney swears he once saw a UFO as well. New Mexico besides the Roswell thing has had many strange things happen to ranch animals were there is no explanation. Oh, and by the way whats up with the Area 51 deal?

Old 10-25-2008, 09:09 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Do ex-husbands count????????????????????

Old 10-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Since UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object, I can say yes I believe in them. It just makes them unidentified, doesn't mean they are terrestrial or extra-terrestrial. Just that no one could figure out what it was that was flying over their heads...
I'm with you on this one. As for alien life forms and what not, I'm sure it is possible, but until I see one, I'm saying no.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:18 PM   #14
Master Chef

if they existed, why not just stop by to say hi...
Old 10-25-2008, 10:21 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
if they existed, why not just stop by to say hi...
They are afraid of Steeler fans....
Can you argue?
Old 10-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #16
Master Chef

luv ya, pacs!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #17
Master Chef

I think it would be presumptuous of us to assume that we are the only intelligent life in this vast universe.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:43 PM   #18
Head Chef

I believe in other life forms elsewhere, whether they are what we consider life forms or they are a different type of life form we have never seen before. It is very narrow minded to believe we are the only ones around, since nobody knows exactly what is out there.

I believe in UFO's as in people do not know what they are seeing. I think it is possible that we have been visited, I am not crossing out the possibility. Just think of it this way.. If we ever got the chance to explore another planet with intelligent life forms on it, wouldn't we want to observe unnoticed rather than draw attention to ourselves without knowing what kind of beings they were?
Old 10-25-2008, 10:55 PM   #19
Sous Chef

I'm sure plenty of people have seen UFO's. I doubt those were alien space ships or anything like that. They could be anything, and could be perfectly explainable. I do believe there is life on other planets. There are billions and billions of solar systems out there, surely a fair number of them have life on them, and even intelligent life. I just don't think they have the technology to come to earth, and if they did, I doubt they'd keep doing such silly flyovers.

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:02 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

My uncle's favorite quote:

Quote:
The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us.
~ Bill Watterson