Do you chew your food on the left or the right side of your mouth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calya

Senior Cook
Just wondering if others are used to chewing their food on one side of their mouth as opposed to the other, or are you equally balanced?
I noticed that I am used to chewing my food in the left side of my mouth, so I recently made a concious effort to chew on the right. It seemed as though the food tasted different.

That's something you don't really think about until you've had or need a trip to the dentist...or you did the worst thing you could possibly do to the inside of your mouth: bite part of it:cry:. In a valiant effort to protect that area, people usually try chewing on the other side. Unfortunately, all that swelling makes biting the same area again almost impossible to escape.

I think I chew fairly evenly on both sides. If I spend overmuch time thinking about it the next time I chew on something, I'm sure to bite something other than the food.

i chomp down and then go into a roll, over and over until a chunk tears off, then i toss it back down my throat. :)

I chew on the left side. I bite myself if I try the right. As far as balance goes...i have been told that I am unbalanced. Hmmmmmmm wonder what they are trying to say...?...

I chew on my left side. I don't chew on my right anymore because I've flattened my molars from grinding my teeth in my sleep through college... kinda funny but not really.. lol.. as my gums have receded a bit on my top molars on the right side and they are very sensitive. I have a mouth guard but I haven't been grinding lately.

Let's see...we've talked about which side we chew on...how we eat our corn...how we differentiate between his and hers...are we bored today? :LOL:

Let's see...we've talked about which side we chew on...how we eat our corn...how we differentiate between his and hers...are we bored today? :LOL:

I don't know about you, but I'm not bored, not with 2 kittens running around , attacking my feet and legs and chasing each other.

I was blessed with good teeth genes. This is good, because
I am also extremely phobic about dentists. EXTREMELY!

In college, back in the 80's, I was eating a Zero candy
bar, and cracked off a chunk of a molar on the right side.

So for about 25 years, I chewed mostly on the left side.
Then the damaged tooth finally cracked, and I had a root canal.
(That was quite an ordeal.)

So now I tend to chew on the right side, just because I can!

Back
Top Bottom