Do you cook with an apron?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH and I both have pricey arons from Cath Kidson. They are so popular in London people are even walking to the shops in Hampstead Village and Primrose Hill in them....I don't go that far. Mine is floral, but in a haphazard way that conceals spills quite well, DH's is stripey. He loves his, he even puts it onto lay the table, PMSL.

If I am wearing a tracksuit or house-slob clothes I don't bother, anything else I usually do, I am too messy not to. I would like a couple more for when mine i in the wash, but its not essential, yet. The nice thing about the "fancier" aprons is I don't feel I have to take it off to answer th door if I am cooking. Its probably nicer than what I am wearing underneath anyway, lol.

Great!

haminiham said:
Nope, I don't wear an apron when I cook. :)

Check this site about aprons:
http://1delacruz.info/aprons/

Thank you for sending me this link. Many are made of different material which I like. Have to buy at least 5 so I can alternate and not just use same ones all the time. Tend to get thin. Just what i wanted. When I am frying something like eggplant, I get more on my clothes than anyplace else. When I have to run to the store for something that I don't have I never change clothes to go get it. When I am standing in line is when I realize that the spots really don't look that presentable. Especially when I am in line w/someone who has long fingernails. Don't know how they cook w/long nails? Would bother me if I was the one she was fixing the meal for. My own opinion. I will surely order the aprons after New Year. Taxes, car insurance, etc. all come due at same time.

The one w/butterflies has special meaning to me.

Professional

Constance said:
Click on aprons, on the left, and check these out.

http://www.crookedbrook.com/hotel-restaurant-chef-uniforms.htm

These aprons look so professional to me. Guess I am used to my mother making hers out of leftover cloth from making our clothes or something. I always like ones w/print. They do look like strong aprons but don't you think the grease stains would show up on them quicker than printed ones? Only my opinion. I think if I were neater cook I would get one of these. thanks Constance.

Professional

Constance said:
Click on aprons, on the left, and check these out.

http://www.crookedbrook.com/hotel-restaurant-chef-uniforms.htm

These aprons look so professional to me. Guess I am used to my mother making hers out of leftover cloth from making our clothes or something. I always like ones w/print. They do look like strong aprons but don't you think the grease stains would show up on them quicker than printed ones? Only my opinion. I think if I were neater cook I would get one of these. thanks Constance.

No apron, but I use about seven bajillion dish towels. I usually keep one on my left shoulder for wiping hands/blades/boards/ingredients, and one on the oven handle for grabbing hot pot handles. If my shoulder towel is fresh/dry, I'll use that to grab hot handles.

Yes I wear a Apron around the house, Sometimes I have to answer the door ! :huh:
Here are just a few aprons to own !

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 69
  • dijonvu.jpg
    dijonvu.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 68
  • dinred.jpg
    dinred.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 43
  • golfgreens.jpg