Do you decorate your house for Halloween?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aunt Bea said:
We always put the peanut butter cups on the bottom of the bowl:ROFLMAO:

When I was very young we lived out in the sticks and we only went to three or four houses for trick or treat. I always will remember one elderly farm couple we went to every year. The dining room table was covered with homemade doughnuts and cider, popcorn balls, polished apples, cookies and homemade candies. We always left with full stomachs and full sacks. Today if you did it the parents would throw out the food and call in a police SWAT team to haul you in for questioning. Different times.

Wow. It sounds like you grew up by me. We also had that house to go to. We would sometimes have a hay wagon ride to get there with the neighborhood children. Fun times. Things are so different now.

CraigC said:
Here is a link to Marie in action. Make sure you right click on the video to enter and exit full screen view.

About myself

Craig

CraigC, I had a chance to explore your website further, and I gotta tell you, it is impressive! I couldn't get Marie to load her video, but your decor and pumpkin carving skills are fantastic! Wow!

CraigC, I had a chance to explore your website further, and I gotta tell you, it is impressive! I couldn't get Marie to load her video, but your decor and pumpkin carving skills are fantastic! Wow!

Thanks! Most of the carvings were done by my wife Karen. She has a lot more patience than I do. Do you see the player on the page or is the link just not working at all?

Try this link to the whole page:
http://home.comcast.net/~kclark49/2003.html

Craig

Last edited:
I didn't see a player. I clicked all over.

Years ago, I found similar plans for building a Marie, was yours the original? She's gorgeous!

Will have to check it out on the laptop, am on the Ipad. Thanks!

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
I always buy candy that we like, in case we don't get trick or treaters.

I try to buy candy we don't like. Same reason! Then I can hand it out at school later.

Last edited:
I put out enough to let kids know they're welcome here. But it seems Halloween has turned into more adults than kids!

I have an elderly, chair-bound friend who loves sweets, and her doctor says, whatever she wants, she gets (she was on her death-bed when I met her a decade ago). So I buy stuff I like, my husband likes. We munch on a few, give a lot away, and bring the rest to Pat.

Thanks! Most of the carvings were done by my wife Karen. She has a lot more patience than I do. Do you see the player on the page or is the link just not working at all?

Try this link to the whole page:
About myself

Craig
I clicked the About Me link and got a message that Media Player needed an add-on so I allowed it and the player started on it's own but VERY small so I clicked full screen and it worked great.

Is that the Dark Shadows theme I am hearing?

I clicked the About Me link and got a message that Media Player needed an add-on so I allowed it and the player started on it's own but VERY small so I clicked full screen and it worked great.

Is that the Dark Shadows theme I am hearing?

As soon as I got the pop up something was trying to add an add-on, I clicked the red X :LOL:

Sorry it isn't working for some folks. We've sent others to the site and they haven't mentioned an issue.

Dawgluver, we found the plans online as well. There are several plans for different FCGs, but we are limited in the space. I have been thinking about animatronics, particularly a "rising" dragon. Got it pictured in my head with most details, but I need to win lotto first!

Craig

Last edited:
No Candy Here!

No, I don't decorate my apartment for Halloween.

I put up a "No Candy Here" sign so the trick or treaters won't knock on my door.

Last year we ran out of candy so I started giving out mini packages of microwave popcorn. The kids loved it, they were going up and down the street telling the other kids. Some came back and asked if we had anymore. Even the parents seemed pleased.

JoAnn L. said:
Last year we ran out of candy so I started giving out mini packages of microwave popcorn. The kids loved it, they were going up and down the street telling the other kids. Some came back and asked if we had anymore. Even the parents seemed pleased.

Great idea, JoAnn!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom