Do you decorate your house for Halloween?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not sure if others do this but, years ago, when I had a house, I used to remove the lower window from my screen door and hand the candy out through the opening. It was easier than reaching around and it kept the little ones from trying to come completely into the house.

I also used to pass out shots of peppermint schnapps, in plastic cups, to the moms and dads that stood hiding in the bushes. Just the ones I knew from my street!

I also used to pass out shots of peppermint schnapps, in plastic cups, to the moms and dads that stood hiding in the bushes. Just the ones I knew from my street!

I thought Mount Pilot was a dry county :rolleyes:

:LOL:

Ok, DH would go berserk. No more showing Honey the pix on this forum.......:LOL:

lol. what's his email address?

max, i'm curious, do you block your chimney and put a "bah humbug" sign on your door at christmas?

and i need to move to mount pilot. schnapps? he'll yeah.
that's awesome, bea, to think of the parents.

in contrast, i often want to tell the parents who carry infants up to my door to go take a hike. their kid doesn't have teeth nor can comprehend halloween, so why are they truck or treating?

lol. what's his email address?

max, i'm curious, do you block your chimney and put a "bah humbug" sign on your door at christmas?

and i need to move to mount pilot. schnapps? he'll yeah.
that's awesome, bea, to think of the parents.

in contrast, i often want to tell the parents who carry infants up to my door to go take a hike. their kid doesn't have teeth nor can comprehend halloween, so why are they truck or treating?
I agree!! I didn't take my girls out till they could walk, chew and say "Trick or Treat"!! I have passed comments to those parents but just got a chuckle from them because they were in a group with 1 or 2 older kids..

Ok, DH would go berserk. No more showing Honey the pix on this forum.......:LOL:
if they have older kids, well then, ok.

but a single infant?

get a life, ya fat bastards. go buy your own candy. it looks looks you've got some stuffed in your pants already... lol (yes, i know that's mean. i'm only talking about parents who can't wait until their kids get old enough to do something. chillax, it'll be gone before you know it.)

if they have older kids, well then, ok.

but a single infant?

get a life, ya fat bastards. go buy your own candy. it looks looks you've got some stuffed in your pants already... lol (yes, i know that's mean. i'm only talking about parents who can't wait until their kids get old enough to do something. chillax, it'll be gone before you know it.)
I am talking about parents with babies that are WALKING around and come to my house with OTHER kids NOT theirs.

Here are some pics from this year!

Attachments

• IMG_4541.jpg
    IMG_4541.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4542.jpg
    IMG_4542.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4543.jpg
    IMG_4543.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4545.jpg
    IMG_4545.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4547.jpg
    IMG_4547.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 152
Afew more

Attachments

• IMG_4548.jpg
    IMG_4548.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4549.jpg
    IMG_4549.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4553.jpg
    IMG_4553.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4561.jpg
    IMG_4561.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 159
I made a stick figure with 1'' PVC and laminated 4 layers of 1 1/2'' styrofaom to the torso area. I carved the foam like you would a surfboard. I made the hands out of ball point pens with a wire rinning the length. I put duct tape at the joints and palm.
I painted the hands white then black at the joints.His jacket is actually a square pc of material I split to make the lapels and then just draped it over the top and rolled the sides. the sleeves are just tubes of the material and come off with the arms.
I actually used a mask for the head. It took me about 4 afternoons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom