Do You Eat Kangaroo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
I have eaten kangaroo once or twice in the past...both times in a restaurant, fillet sliced with a nice sauce like plum etc

Today I bought some kangaroo sausages for the first time :)

I was talking to mum on the phone today and told her about them and she said that she has never and would never eat "Skippy"

That she would not eat one of our National Emblems

Just wondering what everyone else's views were on eating kangaroo, if you can actually get it over there

I've never seen kangaroo for sale here, but it's a big country ;) I would try it.

Bald eagles are a threatened species, so it's illegal to catch or kill them.

I don't have any inkling to try it. I'm pretty happy with the basic meats.

what part of the kangaroo is sausage made from? :ohmy:

if i was ever offered it, i wouldn't skip the chance... :cool:

i've heard grilled baby roos in pita pockets is really good...

ok, i'll stop now.

Yes, I was thinking that the cost to get it over there would be too high :ermm:

It was made legal here in Oz back in 1980 to be able to consume kangaroo meat.

It is a very meaty taste, it is also very lean meat, so quite low in saturated fat, which is good :)

Just found a Vietnamese restaurant on yelp with 4 stars that's less than 30 minutes away that serves a Kangaroo entree for $22.95.

as an american and a foodie,i would certainly try it, for a new food experience. don't know how i would feel about it if i lived in australia, though. In that case, i might very well feel quite differently toward kangaroos.

Vit, would you try a dog? The only reason I am asking is becasue I have. Though I did not know what it was.
BTW where upstate NY do you live?

i would not eat dog. period.
i lived in and around oneonta, and albany, ny.

It actually was not bad at all.

The reason I was asking about your place, becasue I visit upstate NY in the summer, but it seems like it's like an hour and a half from Albany.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom