Do you Fast Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Almost every day. I get the Ham, Egg and Cheese Crossainwich at Burger King, 2 for $4 for breakfast. Toss out the bread and eat the rest while I am getting my To Do list ready for the day. Occasional Tuna sub from Subway...get all the veggies and the tuna, toss the bread, it's a salad that way. Rarely a Bacon Double Cheeseburger from Burger King, toss the bread. Otherwise, I eat at the local diners.
Not the same places, foods, etc., but we seem to be heading in the same direction..

Ross

Almost every day. I get the Ham, Egg and Cheese Crossainwich at Burger King, 2 for $4 for breakfast. Toss out the bread and eat the rest while I am getting my To Do list ready for the day. Occasional Tuna sub from Subway...get all the veggies and the tuna, toss the bread, it's a salad that way. Rarely a Bacon Double Cheeseburger from Burger King, toss the bread. Otherwise, I eat at the local diners.
I don’t have it every day, or even every week, but I do kinda like Mickey D’s Sausage and egg breakfast burrito. They’re kinda small, so two is a great morning snack in the car on days I work. They’re a bit bland, too, so make sure to get a couple of salsa packets. And I order it with extra cheese (I order everything with extra cheese!).

I was going to say "NO!" very loudly but then I remembered I'm having a chilled pasta dish I picked up in the shop yesterday (slinks away with head bowed in shame).

To be fair I knew I'd be in a hurry tonight and the freezer is a bit low on my home-made convenience foods.

Since I am not supposed to eat soy, I don't eat burgers out. Almost everywhere adds soy to their burger meat. We often order from Mr. Falafel, Thai Express, and a Greek place. Those are quite good and I think they qualify as fast food. I avoid most other fast food, but, as others have said, I do eat at some when stuck.

I haven’t tried either, as my current financial situation doesn’t include $16 lobster rolls or $10 lobster bisque ($7 for a Dixie bathroom sized “cup”).

Lobster rolls are twice as expensive here, but they are fresh and local and generally pretty large

They are NOT fast food

How about this... If I toss a Big Mac out of my car window at 60MPH, and it hit your open mouth, would you be eating "fast food?" I guarantee you wouldn't be fasting.

CD :D

It's an impossible projection but I understand your error. Since I'm not from the South Jersey/Philly area, where people walk around breathing through their open mouths and dragging their knuckles, I can see where you thought it was a possibility.

:cool:

Last edited:
Pretty much daily. Twice or all three meals other days.

We are so busy this time of year, get home late and don't enjoy cooking at 8 or 9 at night.

Same in the morning though I do try and throw a couple English muffins in the toaster though. Sometimes I just eat them dry or maybe throw a peice of ham on.

Love the BK croisanwiches. Ham as well. Though, I eat the bread. Yumm.

Interesting thread.

In the era in which I grew up, there really weren't any fast food places. There was an occasional Dairy Queen, but not near us.

Having said this, I/we (my siblings, etc.) didn't end up with any need for fast food.

As a result, I didn't gravitate toward fast food. Even when my children were small, a real "treat" was a minimal meal at Roy Rogers (now gone).

Glenn and I aren't fast food folks. He's essentially the same age as I am and he grew up under the same economic circumstances.

When we DO "fast food," our choice is Hardee's, which is rare. Another factor for us is that we live in an extremely rural area and the nearest fast food or restaurants are about 30 to 45 minutes away.

Some drive thru fast food burger places scare me now, haha. They advertise a new burger every 6 months. They have to come up with something new or heads roll.

I just wonder if the cooks who prepare them can keep up. Make them as tasty looking as they do on tv.

Last edited:
If I want truly tasty, I go to a local cafe. However, if I want food that at least resembles tasty, I do fast food. That is quite often, as it fits the bill and keeps me going.

I eat fast food maybe once or twice a month, usually jyst to grab something quick when time is short. Halal carts in NYC, Burger King, or a local deli at home are the usual haunts. But the whole idea is to be quick AND cheap. I can spend just a buck or three more, and just a few minutes more and get a better meal at a diner or restaurant takeout.

Also, I understand the "tasty" or "treat" part of the equation as there are many specialty hot dog places in New Jersey. I even crave a Sonic Chicago dog now and again.

Hey, so, is pizza a fast food item? You can get a slice in a minute, or a pie in 8.

Last edited:

I think that in part it depends on who is doing the assembly. I've had Quarter Pounders from McDonald's that look just like the one on the left. They don't gets squished down as much as some fast food burgers do because they are delivered in a box instead of just wrapped in paper. However, I don't expect perfect presentation when I do fast food, so I'm rarely disappointed.

The place where the appearance seems to be most at odds with the commercials is Taco Bell. The difference between TV and reality is far more marked, and I really think that most of what they offer comes in a lot of different shapes, but it all pretty much tastes the same. From taco to burrito to the various takes on both staples, the same general flavor seems to carry through no matter how much they try to change the appearance.

I remember going to Taco Bell in ~1964-1967. Mexican food was virtually unheard of in the part of the San Fernando Valley (Southern California) where I lived. It must have been one of the very early Taco Bells. I thought tacos were fabulous. I would have one on the way home from school every once in a while. I suspect they actually were better back then. It would have been located in Chatsworth or Canoga Park.

I think that in part it depends on who is doing the assembly. I've had Quarter Pounders from McDonald's that look just like the one on the left. They don't gets squished down as much as some fast food burgers do because they are delivered in a box instead of just wrapped in paper. However, I don't expect perfect presentation when I do fast food, so I'm rarely disappointed.

The place where the appearance seems to be most at odds with the commercials is Taco Bell. The difference between TV and reality is far more marked, and I really think that most of what they offer comes in a lot of different shapes, but it all pretty much tastes the same. From taco to burrito to the various takes on both staples, the same general flavor seems to carry through no matter how much they try to change the appearance.
Absolutely... The TB commercials turn me off of many of their products, for that reason..
Actually, I only drop in once in a while, when a taco craving hits.. Happened last week and I was not disappointed.. Something about the flavor of their simple taco I like..

I tend to believe that most all food commercials show foods items as they wish they would look when served but, seldom are..

Ross

Ross

I've had Taco Bell twice in my life. The first time was 20 years ago. I vowed to never try it again.

Apparently, it takes me about 20 years to re-do my vows.
Never again.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1539635635600.jpg
    FB_IMG_1539635635600.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom