Do you Fast Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

97guns

Senior Cook
I really never eat fast food but do occasionally want a burger, actually just ate a Burger King burger at an airport last month and ran across these coupons on eBay for any free burger combo, got 6 coupons for $9. The seller said he ordered a double whopper combo with the large upgrade and paid nothing with the coupon, no expiration date, it’s a heck of a deal if they get accepted, works out to $1.50 for a combo meal, if not I’ll get a refund through the credit card.

Just wondering if you like fast food, I saw the same coupons for Arby’s, I know several people that don’t cook and eat fast food every day

The only fast food I eat intentionally is Whataburger. It is a Texas chain. I get a craving for a Whataburger and fries from time to time. To people in Texas, a Whataburger is like In-N-Out Burger is to people in California... but a Whataburger is WAY better.

Otherwise, fast food is just that -- something I can eat fast when I don't have time to eat decent food.

CD

We like Popeye's. We don't go to McDonalds or Burger King unless our grandson insists. We get sandwiches at Panera but I don't consider that fast food.

About 5 years ago DH and I went to a movie, then stopped at burger king and ordered HOT fries. The lady there cooked them and brought a huge order pipping hot. They were the best I'd had in years.

The last food I've eaten from any restaurant was take out chinese food my son brought me for my birthday in February.

Does coffee from McDonald's count? :unsure: That's the only thing we buy at McD's, and only if we're on the road and have run out of our own home-brewed. The rare occasions we venture into a fast food place is when we travel. Our number one choice is always Chick-fil-a. We find their food fresh and the front-end staff efficient and friendly.

I get a craving for Arby’s beef and cheddar sandwich about once every six months. Arby’s also makes a gyro that’s not terrible.

KFC Original recipe chicken is an easy and tasty meal. It’s pretty much the only menu item I’ll order. Mark likes the crunchy recipe, but it’s too bland for me. Unbelievable, but I’ve never had Church’s or Popeye’s.

We have two really excellent sandwich franchises here in Vegas. Capriotti’s and Port-o-Subs. Oh, and Earl of Sandwich. And there is, believe it or not, fast food lobster! Two different chains, both rather pricey, but still fast food. I haven’t tried either, as my current financial situation doesn’t include $16 lobster rolls or $10 lobster bisque ($7 for a Dixie bathroom sized “cup”).

Of course, pizza. Pizza pizza pizza! Not from the big three; from local pizza joints.

Popeye's makes good chicken. I always get the spicy chicken, and like their chicken po-boy.

But, the best thing at Popeye's is the Red Beans and Rice. :yum:

KFC chicken strips with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy is an occasional lunch. I like to dip the chicken strips in the taters and gravy. :ermm:

Whenever I get a craving for an overpriced, mediocre chicken sandwich with a side of waffle-cardboard, I head to Chic-Fil-A. :rolleyes:

CD

I'll do any of them under the right circumstances. I like Sonic burgers with Tots, and I first discovered Burger King in 1970 when I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Carson CO. We didn't have any of the chains where I lived in Great Falls, Montana then, not even Mickey D's, so that seemed like a real treat to me. Colorado Springs had McDonald's, Burger King, Burger Chef (nearly identical to Burger King, but they folded long ago), they were all right there when we left the post.

The lowly hamburger has always been my opium - I just can't resist them. And avoidance is virtually impossible, since you can't drive anywhere without passing some chain. Passing downwind of a Burger King's flame broiler is torture.

Last edited:
I'll do any of them under the right circumstances. I like Sonic burgers with Tots, and I first discovered Burger King in 1970 when I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Carson CO. We didn't have any of the chains where I lived in Great Falls, Montana then, not even Mickey D's, so that seemed like a real treat to me. Colorado Springs had McDonald's, Burger King, Burger Chef (nearly identical to Burger King, but they folded long ago), they were all right there when we left the post.

The lowly hamburger has always been my opium - I just can't resist them. And avoidance is virtually impossible, since you can't drive anywhere without passing some chain. Passing downwind of a Burger King's flame broiler is torture.

Ha Ha, yes, bringing back memories for sure... I can also remember the first BK opening up in my city, my dad instantly fell in love with that giant Whopper, never before had a FF joint offered up such a huge burger and with all the veggies

Sonic burgers are very similar to Whataburger burgers. Spend so much time at home (where my office is), I sometimes go to the local mall and have a Sonic cheeseburger and tots, and do some mall-walking/window-shopping/people-watching. There is an Apple Store and a Williams-Sonoma there, where I have some eye-candy for dessert. :yum: :LOL:

CD

Very rarely..I have eaten from most places available in Canada over the years, so I know what it tastes like..I do like Popeye's but there isn't one around here so I haven't had that in a few years..

If I can at all help it,
NO!

When we travel, it's mostly car trips,
so I always have a cooler handy with
all sorts of snacks, sandwich makings,
and at least one-three homemade meals that
are re-heatable in a hotel micro for our supper.

Lunches, for the most part, are picnics, either at
rest stops, which can be very beautiful, also National Parks are the BEST,
or if we're in a larger city, I make up a list of restaurants
in the area that we will be in.

Dinners are the same, either in the hotel, something easy that I brought so that we can relax after a long day of touring about
or a local restaurant, oh and we try to stay
away from chain restaurants as much as possible, we really don't care for them.

We travel self-contained as I like to say.
Our car is packed with all of the essentials,
Paper goods/plastic cutlery, etc
A loaf of bread
Crackers
Cookies
Candies
Nuts
Olives, Cheeses and Salami
Sliced Lunchmeats
Fruits
Water
Wine/Wine Glass---non breakable of course
Coffee/Creamer/Sugar/Cups
Individual packaged condiments/salad dressings/mayo/mustard/Aloha Shoyu ;)
A sharp Knife and flexible cutting board
along with a small container of dish soap to clean up.

… and when necessary we stop at supermarkets to re-supply.
I keep an old milk crate in the back of the car with all of our
stuff in it, contained so I can easily find it and whip up a meal,
anywhere.

Hardly ever. Once in a while we'll grab an In 'N Out burger when I go down to visit my daughter and her family in the city.

Thinking. We have a decent Hardee's close by, and I like their mushroom-swiss and little thick burgers. We also have a Culver's and an Arby's that serve decent fast food. I don't eat fast food very often.

Does it bother anyone else that the verb to be is missing, or that fast is already both a noun and verb?

Are we really talking about Fast Food as a neologism?

How about this... If I toss a Big Mac out of my car window at 60MPH, and it hit your open mouth, would you be eating "fast food?" I guarantee you wouldn't be fasting.

CD :D

Almost every day. I get the Ham, Egg and Cheese Crossainwich at Burger King, 2 for $4 for breakfast. Toss out the bread and eat the rest while I am getting my To Do list ready for the day. Occasional Tuna sub from Subway...get all the veggies and the tuna, toss the bread, it's a salad that way. Rarely a Bacon Double Cheeseburger from Burger King, toss the bread. Otherwise, I eat at the local diners.

Back
Top Bottom