"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2018, 05:54 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Do you Fast Food?

I really never eat fast food but do occasionally want a burger, actually just ate a Burger King burger at an airport last month and ran across these coupons on eBay for any free burger combo, got 6 coupons for $9. The seller said he ordered a double whopper combo with the large upgrade and paid nothing with the coupon, no expiration date, itís a heck of a deal if they get accepted, works out to $1.50 for a combo meal, if not Iíll get a refund through the credit card.

Just wondering if you like fast food, I saw the same coupons for Arbyís, I know several people that donít cook and eat fast food every day

97guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:03 AM   #2
Executive Chef

The only fast food I eat intentionally is Whataburger. It is a Texas chain. I get a craving for a Whataburger and fries from time to time. To people in Texas, a Whataburger is like In-N-Out Burger is to people in California... but a Whataburger is WAY better.

Otherwise, fast food is just that -- something I can eat fast when I don't have time to eat decent food.

CD

Old 10-09-2018, 09:24 AM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

We like Popeye's. We don't go to McDonalds or Burger King unless our grandson insists. We get sandwiches at Panera but I don't consider that fast food.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #4
Executive Chef

About 5 years ago DH and I went to a movie, then stopped at burger king and ordered HOT fries. The lady there cooked them and brought a huge order pipping hot. They were the best I'd had in years.

The last food I've eaten from any restaurant was take out chinese food my son brought me for my birthday in February.
blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:28 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Does coffee from McDonald's count? That's the only thing we buy at McD's, and only if we're on the road and have run out of our own home-brewed. The rare occasions we venture into a fast food place is when we travel. Our number one choice is always Chick-fil-a. We find their food fresh and the front-end staff efficient and friendly.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:07 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Well you know I fast food. Just the LTO items
Old 10-09-2018, 06:12 PM   #7
Head Chef

I get a craving for Arby’s beef and cheddar sandwich about once every six months. Arby’s also makes a gyro that’s not terrible.

KFC Original recipe chicken is an easy and tasty meal. It’s pretty much the only menu item I’ll order. Mark likes the crunchy recipe, but it’s too bland for me. Unbelievable, but I’ve never had Church’s or Popeye’s.

We have two really excellent sandwich franchises here in Vegas. Capriotti’s and Port-o-Subs. Oh, and Earl of Sandwich. And there is, believe it or not, fast food lobster! Two different chains, both rather pricey, but still fast food. I haven’t tried either, as my current financial situation doesn’t include $16 lobster rolls or $10 lobster bisque ($7 for a Dixie bathroom sized “cup”).

Of course, pizza. Pizza pizza pizza! Not from the big three; from local pizza joints.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:10 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Popeye's makes good chicken. I always get the spicy chicken, and like their chicken po-boy.

But, the best thing at Popeye's is the Red Beans and Rice.

KFC chicken strips with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy is an occasional lunch. I like to dip the chicken strips in the taters and gravy.

Whenever I get a craving for an overpriced, mediocre chicken sandwich with a side of waffle-cardboard, I head to Chic-Fil-A.

CD
Old 10-09-2018, 07:34 PM   #9
Executive Chef

I'll do any of them under the right circumstances. I like Sonic burgers with Tots, and I first discovered Burger King in 1970 when I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Carson CO. We didn't have any of the chains where I lived in Great Falls, Montana then, not even Mickey D's, so that seemed like a real treat to me. Colorado Springs had McDonald's, Burger King, Burger Chef (nearly identical to Burger King, but they folded long ago), they were all right there when we left the post.

The lowly hamburger has always been my opium - I just can't resist them. And avoidance is virtually impossible, since you can't drive anywhere without passing some chain. Passing downwind of a Burger King's flame broiler is torture.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:51 PM   #10
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPCookin View Post
I'll do any of them under the right circumstances. I like Sonic burgers with Tots, and I first discovered Burger King in 1970 when I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Carson CO. We didn't have any of the chains where I lived in Great Falls, Montana then, not even Mickey D's, so that seemed like a real treat to me. Colorado Springs had McDonald's, Burger King, Burger Chef (nearly identical to Burger King, but they folded long ago), they were all right there when we left the post.

The lowly hamburger has always been my opium - I just can't resist them. And avoidance is virtually impossible, since you can't drive anywhere without passing some chain. Passing downwind of a Burger King's flame broiler is torture.

Ha Ha, yes, bringing back memories for sure... I can also remember the first BK opening up in my city, my dad instantly fell in love with that giant Whopper, never before had a FF joint offered up such a huge burger and with all the veggies

97guns is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fast, food