Do you feel old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just hit 40 last month I find it harder to loose weight, before I could
loose it pretty darn quick, at 36 and before. One day after my 40th
I went to the grocery store and the check out lady asked me if I get
a senior discount. So I went and dyed my hair.

But really the only thing that makes me feel old is worring. I worry so
much about my kids. It is sad to say but I really don't think they will
be able to live carefree as much as my husband and I could. This world
is really changed, but my kids are as inmature as I was and by rights they
should be. Just about 3 wks ago a 18 year old girl was abducted in
a Target parking lot at 7:00 P.M just five parking spots from the front door, in a very good neighborhood too.
Very sad how it all ended. :(:(:(

I really never worried much now that my oldest has gotten old enough to
be starting to do things on her own, makes me worry.

Otherwise I really like being a bit older, people have more respect
for my thoughts, they take my advise, and I really think I have
helped folks with my experiences

I certainly don't feel my age (41) mentally.....I feel more like maybe 31 but a wise 31 year old ;). I'm fortunate to have been blessed with good genes that I don't look my 41 years either. Now physically.....I have my moments where I feel as if I'm in my elderly years. I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and other things also so at times they truely take a toll on my body and lay me up for a day or so. But all in all.....most people guess I'm in my late 20's and yes when its the girls and I being silly we act like it too....:LOL: probably even younger.;)

*amy* said:
Interesting how everyone is different re sleep. I only get about 4-5 hours - sometimes 6 hours, and wake up with adrenaline pumping. I almost always get up before the sun rises, & haven't used an alarm clock in years. Just wondering, if you are groggy from too much sleep, or inactivity? I'm not a doc, but 9-10 hours sleep sounds like a lot. Have you had a complete physical. None o' my biz, but too much sleep & still being tired during the day, sometimes sounds like depression or something else going on.

Not at all some people just need more sleep I only get sleepy when a storm is coming I used to get alot less sleep and would need a nap during the day I dont take naps any more.Besides I like to sleep.If you do your research you will find different people have different sleep requirements.I went for years on 5-6 hours sleep it was not enough.By the way most Americans dont get enough sleep because the have way too much on their plates.

Back
Top Bottom