Do you get annoyed by people while cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like something I see on tv! Your holidays are sure something to look forward to when you have enough room for most everyone. makes life so full and exciting. Happy holidays to you and yours and thanks for sharing with me your pictures of your kitchen. I can only imagine. Well worth it.

I get annoyed if hubby hangs around in the kitchen , getting in my way while I am preparing a meal.

I Dont mind people in the kitchen while im cooking. What annoys me are the following:

When my wife decides to empty the dish washer the second i start cooking, therefore , totally getting in my way. If it happened once, no big deal. But it seems to be like clockwork.

When someone is trying to sneak a taste while im cooking.

And finally, the only thing that could annoy me , is when Im trying to roll out dough for a pizza or a pie crust and things are going terribly wrong ( as they usually do when im dealing with dough). The more they stare, the more the dough doesnt cooperate. Usually people can feel my tension, and disappear until i get things under control.

There's a line that defines the 'kitchen' floor space and the rest of that house in some of my places, it's defined by the change from linoleum to carpet, in other's just the beginning of cabinetry.

Critters: They know NOT to cross that line while I'm working in the kitchen. Toes that cross that line are tapped with a finger til they are behind the line. They get rewards for obeying the 'line'. ;)

I did make one exception, I had one dog, a retriever who was trained to NOT move. She laid perfectly still in the middle of the kitchen floor, I could walk over her, around her and since she didn't move I knew where she was and could avoid her. She was trained to let me pull down the doors of the oven and dishwasher over her and not move. She was the exception and it only happened when it was just she and I in the kitchen.

Visiting critters picked up the 'line' rules pretty quickly too. Humans? Not so much... :-p

As for humans - well, the under 6 yo's were taught the 'line' rule too. Keeps them safe and again, rewards were enjoyed.

Over 6? Well, if you want to help then come join me! I truly enjoy working with other folk. If you're not there to help, prepare to be chased out over the 'line'! :ROFLMAO:

LL

I dont mind it as long as:

#1 like vera said they can anticipate my moves or know when to get out of the way
#2 dont nit pick "my mess" I am clean when I cook but I set up my mise and I have alot going on which makes it seem like a mess to my family who arent cooks what so ever

#3 dont mind giving a honest opinion when I need a taster

Other then that I dont mind the company. I do like when people are interested in what im doing and want to learn what little bit i can give them. or big bit.

I can't say I get annoyed, but I do however have a tendency to screw up a recipe more often when someone is in the kitchen; especially when they are trying to have a conversation with me. The other day I was making Ol-blue's Surprise Lemon Cake, while my husband and one of our daughter's were in the kitchen, and wouldn't ya know it, after I took the cake out of the oven, I noticed that the cake didn't rise as much as it should of. I then looked up on the kitchen counter and saw what I forgot to add to the mix...the eggs. :rolleyes: Needless to say we still ate the cake, as it was good, but I now know and see what can happen to a cake when one forgets to add the eggs; especially after you cut into it. :ohmy: My hubby and I still enjoyed the cake, it was good, and I ate mine with some Cool Whip.

First I would say I am much better off without any "help" as well because I also tend to forget things when someone is haging around.....but usually for me I have someone offer to help but then they disappear when I say sure!.......I guess they were just trying to do the thought that counts but didn't think I'd actually say yes!

I don't get annoyed. It is the opposite actually. For me, preparation of food is an act of love, so when cooking draws others into the kitchen, it is a bonding thing, as I see it. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom