Do You have a Blog site?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I called my friend's daughter-in-law and got permission to post her blogsite address. This is one of the funniest, most interesting and informative blosg sites ever. She has 4 yr old triplets and a 3 year old. She is keeping these blogs as a journal and these kids will have a field day reading what they all did. Not all of her blogs are about her kids, although they're the funniest so I hope you take a look at what a good blog this is.

click on:

Triplets Plus One = Four Times The Fun

I started a blog when I moved to England. It was so good to have a place to vent about my struggles of leaving home and living in a foreign country. Im back home now (finally!) but I haven't been keeping it up since my return. I prefer using Typepad because I love their company. I might change it a bit now that I'm home and have different things to blog about. Here it is if you wanna have a look.
Home is where the fog is!

I think blogging can be very theraputic and obviously only posting what you want the world to know! Good luck with your blog!

I hope you don't exclude lurkers. It's fun to just read others blogs without feeling that you have to comment.

As long as the lurkers don't present a problem, I would leave them alone. Now I have to ask: why would you exclude lurkers?

Well, like I said, the subject matter can get personal. A little too personal to discuss "in front of" strangers. Just like this site has the PM system in case someone want to say something privately. It sounds like the blogsite would be a good way for us to communicate without forwarding each others' emails and replying cc.

DQ - I am really not trying to be combative. I do find the subjecy interesting, but, please take a look here.

I put the last paragraph in my post to hopefully convey that I am not trying to be critical. As far as I am concerned retired is good. Hopefully I will get to do that someday.

So how does ont go about "Getting a blog ready?"

One last comment. Making your blog private is one thing. If you do not Google, Yahoo, etc.. will find it and index it. I know someone who built an entire website, got hacked ahd his server was destroyed. He got all his code for his website back from Google.

Thank You

AC

I realize you're not being combative and besides, I not thin skinned. ;) I appreciate that you have some reservations and am happy to answer your questions if I can. If you want to start a blogsite go to www.blogspot.com and follow the simple instructions. You will be tweaking, changing and customizing your site in no time.

BTW the Starbuck's employee that you referred to was fired not because he bad-mouthed his boss (what an idiot) but because he violated the terms of a signed contract. I'm thinking an employee gave the boss his blogsite address because of that contract violation.

I'm getting an idea here....
I used to belong to an email list where there were 300+ members and about 8 regular posters. The discussions could get personal and some of us felt the "lurkers" should participate or be excluded from the list. Some of us stopped posting or jumped ship entirely, but we would still like to stay in touch in a way other than emails. It had been sugessted we start out own email list or forum, but after reading about blogsites I am thinking this would be perfect.

What do you think? Can invited people post away on the site, or do they need to "reply" to a topic the blogsite's owner already started? Is there a limit to what can be posted, do things get archived?
Do you think this might work for what I would like to do?

Thanks

For something like that, you may also check out a site like myfamily.com (and there are other). It's set up like a forum that can be viewed or edited by those you invite. It's got functions for photo galleries, a calendar, discussion threads and some other stuff.

i don't have a blog, but my friend/co-worker (who is a lurking member here) has one for celiacs. it's goingglutenfree.blogspot.com

DQ - I am kind of worn out to do much reasearch at the moment (Been working without a weekenbd for a month now). I have read where many prospective employers do search for blogs and other postings by an prospective employee.

I am a computer consultant and when I pick up a new client, I read websites of new customers and sometimes google the owners / officers of the companies. Just helps me give better service if I know what the company is about.

The watchword, as far as I am concerned, is do not put anything online that you do not want everyone to know. e-Mail has BCC and prive blogs can be copied and pasted to other locations. Unfortunately, there is no privacy on the Internet. Just because you secure your information, it does not mean that thers can not / will not give it away.

AC

Adillo: Of course you're absolutely right. Anyone can copy and paste a blog so nothing is truly private. You can do that with e-mails too. I guess the whole point of a blog is not to insult, demean, libel or otherwise dis someone. That's just plain mean and those thoughts should be kept private.
But most blogs are just about things that come out of someone's head and that person wants thier thoughts and ideas known. They can be informative and fun to read.

Keep really personal and nasty stuff to yourself when blogging; that's just good common sense.

Hey, this might be the subject of my first blog. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom