Do YOU Have Broadband?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Do you have anything better than a modem connection?

It really depends on where you live as to what is available. Some folks with telephone co-ops do not even get modem connection.

We have broadband which is a great improvement over the modem connection that was.

What are the choices broadband & cable?

:) What is broadband?I have satellite internet and love it, so much faster than dial up we dont have cable because we live 45 miles from the nearest town.

10MB cable connection is now available here, so just upgraded from 5MB. Worth every penny. Rocket sled fast. My 'work' office only has 3MB connection. I can't hardly stand it. The 'home' office is more like NASA command - triple monitors and on dual video cards too:))

I have broadband and feel lucky that we have it; there are many south of the tiny closest town that do not even have electricity to their places yet!!!! Even though all of us out of town have to haul or have water hauled to us; it sure beats having a neighbor within a few hundred yards.

cable here

I have a cable connection 10Mbit. My work has a T3 and its very rare that work will get a better download speed than me. My phone even goes over broadband (viatalk). I used to have DSL (SBC Yahoo at 1.5Mbit). DSL was not bad but this cable rocks. I don't think i could ever deal with dial up again.

ncage

Broadband...internet:ermm:

The mail comes by horse back...pony express I think it is...
It is full days ride by horse to go into town...Longer if you take a wagon for supplies...The only folks that have cars are moon shiners...
The only Sunshine.. is piped in from somewhere in Illinios...
They turn the electric power off when you least expec.............

We live in the toolies, only cows out here. We are lucky to get dial up.

The slowness can be very frustrating and would sign up with cable (no we do not have that, only satellite TV) or any other broad band we could get in a heart beat.

While I am downloading the next thread, think I will go out and kiss a cow.

Plenty of time.

Yawn.

In UK we had dial up that we could use whereever we were ie in London or Somerset. Broadband just arrived to our bit of somerset and its now there. In Italy we have Fastweb....not sure what it is but it is blessedly fast! It really makes it easier, for example, to keep up with DC and Skype is amazing! We could not have had that on our old, slow dial up!

What do you pay for broadband?

I pay $45 per mo. But I would get rid of cable TV before I'd get rid of Broadband.

Where does DSL come in there? I have DSl thru my telephone Co. I have a hefty bill, same each month, but what I do have along with it is unlimited long distance. A sister in MI, one in IN and one in NM and friends all over. Beats a cell phone all to ****. No bad connections or cut offs. I call them back on my land phone. Then there are the calls we get on our cell phone from the deadbeat who had the same cellphone number before us. Why do they that?

I have switched over from DSL to a mobile broadband card.... I LOVE IT!!! I don't notice the difference and I can be anywhere in the house I want! No wires running all over the place!

Last edited:
I have Verizon DSL. It still has a modem, but, isn't dial up, so, it's pretty fast and I really haven't had any complaints in the 4 years that I've had it.

Back
Top Bottom