Do you know the Olympics schedule?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Are they going to show the bobsled?? That's what I really want to watch and I can't find a schedule for it.

I don't know it. I stopped paying attention to the olymipcs when it went to every 2 years. It lost the magic for me when it became so frequent.

gb, ever since that czech judge gave you a low score in your short program, you've never been the same. :)

tg, i'm having the same problem trying to find out what's on, and when. i really wanted to watch those guys on that tiny feet first sled, the luge. i always root for the lugers. :rolleyes:

buckytom said:
gb, ever since that czech judge gave you a low score in your short program, you've never been the same. :)

tg, i'm having the same problem trying to find out what's on, and when. i really wanted to watch those guys on that tiny feet first sled, the luge. i always root for the lugers. :rolleyes:

Those are insane!! I would be scared to death on those things!!:LOL:

GB said:
I don't know it. I stopped paying attention to the olymipcs when it went to every 2 years. It lost the magic for me when it became so frequent.

Hey GB, the Winter Olympics are still held every 4 years, not 2 years... the only exception was the interval between Albertville in 1992 and Lillehammer in 1994, adjustment was made so the Summer Olympics and Winter Olympics will come around in more of a balanced manner, with 2 years difference, not both of them happening all at the same year.:)

urmaniac13 said:
Hey GB, the Winter Olympics are still held every 4 years, not 2 years
Right, but every 2 years the is an Olympics it just that winter and summer games are help 2 years apart. It is just to frequent for me to get excited about it. When I had to wait four years for any olympic games then the anticipation grew and it seemed more special when it did roll around.

In recent years, I've become turned off by the olympics because of the selection of events the networks choose to televise. The TV schedule is heavily biased to events where American athletes are favored or participating rather than showing a wider range of events so a viewer can enjoy the variety and international aspect of the games.

Andy M. said:
In recent years, I've become turned off by the olympics because of the selection of events the networks choose to televise. The TV schedule is heavily biased to events where American athletes are favored or participating rather than showing a wider range of events so a viewer can enjoy the variety and international aspect of the games.

This is so true, Andy. If any of you have a satellite and can view Eurosport, I highly reccomend it. They show non stop pure action with very few fluff bits and much less adverts, and commentaries are also less biased. I sorely missed their telecast while I was in the US, and am happy to be able to see the whole thing on Eurosport again...

Here in Germany they show almost everything, I think...
best contest are already over, Ice skating, Biathlon and luge (Gold, Silver, Bronze for the german girls - everything else would have been a disappointment :-p ), but we will see what comes next

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom