Do you know your Geography?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
MAP OF THE USA! TRY THIS...This is really neat!
Wonder how a high school senior would do on this one. See how you do in placing the states of the United States of America.

All you do is look at the top of the page and
drag'n'drop the state where it belongs. Smart map, varies the order of the states' placement with each new try!

It isn't easy mostly because placing a state in the precise location when it as yet has no boundaries in place is a bit tricky! No half credit for close but over a tad...

I got a 90%, average 25 miles because RI slipped off the mouse pad and fell into Quebec on the way.

That was cool ! I didn't do near as good as you guys on my first try .. but my 2nd try was awesome LOL

98%, with an average error of 8 miles. In all fairness, it gave me Colorado first and I messed that one up. How does one accurately place Colorado on a map without any surrounding states to line it up against? :glare:

That was cool ! I didn't do near as good as you guys on my first try .. but my 2nd try was awesome LOL

I got 100% on my second try. I know it must be a slow day at work when I'm doing this. I think it must be time to go home. :LOL:

img_1308124_0_2b7536d3469e3cd57b72bd34f479b7d7.jpg

Well played, my friends !

46 perfect out of fifty – average error – 54 miles – time 502 seconds............... I also dropped Rhode Island in Western New York ....... mouse collided with desk lamp !

Well that was fun! As a Brit it was a bit of an extra challenge though - I got 78% right first time, avg error of 91 miles and took 888 seconds.

88% 442 seconds with avg 32 mile miss...mostly because I dropped Utah too soon soon. I'll be back to try again. Oh yeah, I misplaced Iowa too far east.

I got 88% because I dropped Hawaii on the way, then I dropped RI too! And my start was Ohio. Um...that was hard. Otherwise I did great!

I did it twice though. The first time I REALLY goofed up. Its tough on a laptop!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom