"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 07-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #31
Head Chef
I used a friend's Rowenta once and it was really nice. They start at about $60 though.

vagriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #32
Sous Chef
I find ironing therapeutic...honestly!, it's the one time I can be alone with my ipod. We bought a Laura star Magic. It really is magic.http://images.google.ch/imgres?imgur...3Doff%26sa%3DG

There is no love sincerer than the love of food. ~George Bernard Shaw
Jikoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:55 AM   #33
Executive Chef
I like ironing, I always have, though I very rarely have need for it. I hate folding laundry though, which reminds me of the beautiful pile of 3 loads waiting for me downstairs.
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:07 PM   #34
Executive Chef
My mom used to listen to the stories on the radio or really good music when she ironed. I always enjoyed being in the room with her. The clothes smelled so sweet and I felt entertained while I played or read.
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:10 PM   #35
Senior Cook
Send a message via Yahoo to erinmself
I hate ironing!! I pay 7 bucks a week for the drycleaners to starch and launder dh's uniform because I don't want to!!
" Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it" Psalm 127:1 God Bless You!!

erinmself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #36
Executive Chef
Worth It

$7 week is worth it! Bet you feel blessed there is someone who will do it for $7. When someone resents one thing others find it worthwhile. Seems that I can recall my mother not liking it either but she was always doing it. Unless she told me to do it. Seemed there was always clothes needed ironing. Girl I work with says she even irons her sheets. I didn't ask why. Just made me wonder about her. I could do something else with the time than iron sheets. I would rather sleep on floor than iron the sheets. Just me.
In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #37
Send a message via MSN to AriesGirl71 Send a message via Yahoo to AriesGirl71
I hate ironing.. only time I will drag the iron out is if we are going somewhere where we have to dress up and the clothes need ironed or if something that I am going to put on that minute needs to be ironed.

Jen from Illinois
AriesGirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote