Do you like ironing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Little Miss J said:
I don't mind ironing, but I live by myself so I don't end up with a huge pile of ironing to do. I find it quite relaxing!

Where in Australia do you live and I will be round with my ironing!!!!

I don't mind ironing, but so many things aren't ironed these days that I usually let the 'need to be' accumulate and do them all at one time. I take things out of the dryer just before they are fully dry and hang them and hand press some. The others I fold neatly as soon as they are dry. We use cloth napkins and I really got tired of ironing them so now as soon as they are dry I fold them and lay the phone book on top. In a couple of hours they look like they were ironed. With place mats, I hang them on skirt hangers and they hang out very smooth. If they need a touch up I do the same as with napkins. I buy dh shirts that are no iron. They are a bit more expensive but they always look good. His golf shirts don't need ironing, just hanging and smoothing.

Last edited:
Here is a tip for those that don't want to iron. Bring your clothes on a hanger into the bathroom when you shower. Let the bathroom get steamy during your shower (this may involve leaving the vent fan off), then dress in the bathroom when you are still hot from the shower. The steam from your body will get out most wrinkles!

I don't care to iron but sometimes ya got to do what ya got to do. I do iron my summer drapes and at times shirts that didn't get out of the dryer in time.Not my favorite thing to do either.

In the Kitchen said:
At least I am not the only one who doesn't want to look at the iron. Sounds like you all have your plans how to get around it if do it at all. They ask me if I gave the clothes away which made me take it on today. What about those steamers that I see the stores using to get the wrinkles out? I think they sell them but never asked anyone how they take care of their clothes? I share things from inside my home that I hope my neighbors never know nothing about.

A friend of mine owns one of these and she loves it. I used to have a small one years ago. This is when they came out in the stores and were reletively cheap.......I think I picked mine up at a yard sale. Anyway, it was nice but the novelty wore off and into my rummage it went.

SizzlininIN said:
A friend of mine owns one of these and she loves it. I used to have a small one years ago. This is when they came out in the stores and were reletively cheap.......I think I picked mine up at a yard sale. Anyway, it was nice but the novelty wore off and into my rummage it went.

Like I said, the shower produces ample steam to get wrinkels out. And most people shower daily. It makes sense doesn't it?

vagriller said:
Like I said, the shower produces ample steam to get wrinkels out. And most people shower daily. It makes sense doesn't it?

Sure does vagriller. I'm sure you've helped out a lot of people though with this suggestion. I was just responding to ITK last post.

SizzlininIN said:
Sure does vagriller. I'm sure you've helped out a lot of people though with this suggestion. I was just responding to ITK last post.

Ok.:mrgreen: I used to hate it when I would get s shirt all ironed and starched, then get in the car and gets wrinkled worse than something out of the hamper.

vagriller said:
Ok.:mrgreen: I used to hate it when I would get s shirt all ironed and starched, then get in the car and gets wrinkled worse than something out of the hamper.

Exactly why I try not to buy things that need ironed. Now when I'm shopping I grab the fabric in my hand and scrunch it. If it wrinkles really bad then I walk away. If I buy something thinking, "Okay this isn't so bad" I have to really love the piece or else I don't buy it either. All for the sake of not having to iron :)

I don't mind it ...

But my (very old) iron is on the fritz and I went to Best Buy to get another one and THEY ARE SO EXPENSIVE!! :ohmy: I decided to shop around.

My mom used to listen to the stories on the radio or really good music when she ironed. I always enjoyed being in the room with her. The clothes smelled so sweet and I felt entertained while I played or read.

Worth It

$7 week is worth it! Bet you feel blessed there is someone who will do it for $7. When someone resents one thing others find it worthwhile. Seems that I can recall my mother not liking it either but she was always doing it. Unless she told me to do it. Seemed there was always clothes needed ironing. Girl I work with says she even irons her sheets. I didn't ask why. Just made me wonder about her. I could do something else with the time than iron sheets. I would rather sleep on floor than iron the sheets. Just me.

I hate ironing.. only time I will drag the iron out is if we are going somewhere where we have to dress up and the clothes need ironed or if something that I am going to put on that minute needs to be ironed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom