Do you like taking polls??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you like taking polls??

• I prefer to wait and see what everyone else says first, then vote the same way!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Never had the time or the inclination to respond to polls. Same as commercial advertising. If advertisers relied on me, they'd go broke. Tear out all the ads in magazine beore I read them and I mute commercials on TV and couldn't tell you what's advertised on the radio. :) Guess I'm an advertisers Party Pooper.

Mav, you didn't make room in the poll for my response:
"My response can't be compartmentalized into any of the prepackaged answers above!" :-p

OK I aimed at sarcasm and apparently missed by a mile.. LOL. I like Laurie's response though, should have made that one of the options!

Oh! And I do the same thing with magazines, hold em upside down and shake out all the loose advertisements they put in there before reading it.

I never met a poll that wasn't skewed to the answer the pollster wanted in the first place. They are a waste of time.

I never met a poll that wasn't skewed to the answer the pollster wanted in the first place. They are a waste of time.
When I was teaching, I did a lesson about this very thing. I told the class (4th grade) that I could prove that at least half of them would choose chopped liver as their favorite ice cream topping. Of course they all said that would never happen. I then did a poll of the class on favorite ice cream toppings. They had to respond, and they could only choose from the four choices that were offered. Their choices were broken glass, gravel, sand, and chopped liver. At least one kid each year would choose sand, but almost every kid ended up choosing chopped liver as their favorite ice cream topping.

:cool:Barbara

That reminds of another teacher with just as effective a lesson (but he got in big big trouble on this one!). His students didn't believe that a few nuts (Nazi's) could control and bring fear to an entire nation let alone get so many people to follow along despite the stuff they were doing.
So he conducted an expiriment and ended up getting his students to do the very same thing the Nazi's had done, even to the point the students started getting violent about it.
I like teachers that think outside the box.... they were some of my more favorite teachers growing up. But not only do I remember them, I remember what they taught me as well!

My answer is not there - I do quite a lot of internet surveys - for the rewards mostly - I've bought a lot of things from Amazon with reward vouchers - also took the whole family out for a meal using reward vouchers.

What I really don't like is when the surveys go something like, "if this car was a person, what sort of personality would it have?" Sorry - it is a car not a person - I can't relate to those questions at all.

I chose the last option because I like hitting people :bash:. Thank you for the opportunity to do that without fear of recourse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom