Do You Like the Heat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

(multiple choice) Do you like it HOT????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I sure do. I can handle some of the hottest of the hot, but I don't usually go for things THAT hot. I like a bit of heat, but I don't like burning out my taste buds. When I buy salsa though I will always buy hot unless others are eating it and them I usually get med.

the older i get the more i like hot foods. i love wasabi, hot sauce, pepperoncinis, chiles, and more than anything else my green curry paste, which i didn't try until not so very long ago but now adore.

My step father and I had a hubris thing going on when it came to capcasen. We used to play "Eat that Chili" and bet each other how many Jalapenios we could put in the chili before having to eat it LOL!

Now though, I've got a nice big esophagial (SP?) ulcer that won't let me touch anything hotter than milk-toast.

~ Raven ~

My heat tolerance is not what it used to be. That said, I do like a little heat in some of my food, especially Mexican and Cajun. Now, PeppA, my other half, cannot handle a lot of heat. Most of what I consider to be "mild" is "insanely hot" to her.

I love hot stuff. It doesn't seem hot to me but my wife tells me that the things I eat are insane. Most store bought food that says HOT on it is just mild to me.

Nevertheless, food that is too hot sometimes diminishes the flavor.

I could pour gas down Barbara and light a match and throw it in afterwards She Loves it HOTTER than H> E> double toothpicks. I like it middle of the road. :)

I think Barbara is one of the Fantastic 4 " FLAME ON ".

I like very hot stuff but it needs to have flavor. Heat for heat's sake (exemplified in 99% of most "insanity-style" hot sauces, IMO) doesn't do anything for me.

I usually make my salsa but when I buy, I try to buy mild and doctor it up with my own homemade hot sauces and condiments.

jennyema said:
I usually make my salsa but when I buy, I try to buy mild and doctor it up with my own homemade hot sauces and condiments.

I do the same... actually I've gone MORE toward the 'doctoring' of commercial products (Pace). I like to add fresh garlic, onion, cilantro, ground dry chilis and chipotles from a can.

If I'm eating an Indian meal - in a restaurant - I always go for the HOTTEST... Madras or Vindaloo.

Then, the next morning.... I regret my decision! I swear it's age catching up with me.

I voted for 3 of the choices. Sometimes I want it so hot that its a challenge to eat. Most of the time I like it with a kick. But I LOOOOVE horseradish on sandwiches! Wasabi on most sushi.

But spice and heat is a continual experiment. Its adventure for me. :chef:

I like having extreme heat during parties with cornchips,bread,beer,and buttermilk. But not my main course. I like a bite of a habanero pepper at these parties and family gatherings. It just ain't right in the main course.

If the food is so hot you can't taste the food....then its to hot for anyone in my opinion. Take a bite of a Habanero......your food should never be that hot.

Back
Top Bottom