Do you make your bed every morning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have time to. But, I HAVE to make it before I lay down at night. Ticks DH off so badly!! I just can't stand to get into a messed up bed. It all has to be swept smooth and top folded back just right too. I have a few quirks that drive my husband completely nuts. LOL

:) Sort of,I have down comforters summer and heavier winter ones.So I do my bed like they do in Germany no top sheet no blankets no bed spread you just cover down comforter with a duvet cover.I put on two duvet covers.Just straighten out bed and thats it.I also got rid of the extra pillows and shams.It's the best sleep to me no getting the top sheet and blankets getting all twisted up.Plus the down keeps you warm and cool depending on your body temp.

Wow, I'm surprised at all the non-bedmakers! I thought everyone out of college made their beds daily!

Takes less than a minute to make it in the morning. So much nicer to come home to, to look at any time of day, and to climb into at night.

Lee

We have a waterbed so...every morning the covers and spread get pulled up tight so Lily lily Queen of Cats doesn't work her claws in to the matteress but it doesn't really get made....

Yes, I always make the bed. I cannot stand getting into bed if the covers are all over the place. I cant sleep if the sheets are pulled out, and the comforter not in place.;)

it would be interesting to see if we have any Ex-Military lads on here, and how they answer :)

Paul was retired Navy but he had me to make the bed for the last 52 years...

Now?...it doesn't always get made every day. It just isn't that important anymore.

jpmcgrew said:
:) Sort of,I have down comforters summer and heavier winter ones.So I do my bed like they do in Germany no top sheet no blankets no bed spread you just cover down comforter with a duvet cover.I put on two duvet covers.Just straighten out bed and thats it.I also got rid of the extra pillows and shams.It's the best sleep to me no getting the top sheet and blankets getting all twisted up.Plus the down keeps you warm and cool depending on your body temp.

Well, JMCrew, that explains why everytime I go through Germany and overnight in Frankfurt (3 different hotels now) that they arrange their beds that way----I have to admit that it is very comfortable and I always get a good night's rest! :)

Made every day; bottom sheets pulled straight, NO wrinkles. Duvets and pillows shaken and replaced. Can't bear to see the beds unmade and in a mess. Since DH had his op and needs the adjustable bed we have 2 singles and I hate it after 39 years sharing a double. The adjustable has been wonderful for him though so I can't grudge him that can I?

QSis said:
Wow, I'm surprised at all the non-bedmakers! I thought everyone out of college made their beds daily!

Takes less than a minute to make it in the morning. So much nicer to come home to, to look at any time of day, and to climb into at night.

Lee

Right on!!!!

I alway made my bed every day...couldn't stand to get into an un-made bed. But we have a water bed which is lower than a regular bed, and it hurts my back something awful to make it. After looking at messy sheets for several months, I came to a solution. We sleep on top of the bedspread, and each cover up with our own coverlets. All I have to do to make it look neat is fluff the pillows and spread out or fold the coverlets.

QSis said:

Lee

The reason I don't have time to make mine in the morning, DH is still in until right as I'm telling him bye. I will not be late to my job for any reason, not even a bed. Resides, I don't know how big your bed is, but, it takes a lot longer than a minute to make mine.

Ya know, not everyone in the world cares whether or not a bed is made. DH can't stand that I make it at all. He says why bother when your going to mess it up anyway.

I'm with Alix and Katie E. I do pull the top sheet and comforter up. If the cat jumps up on the bed during the day I don't want anything on the sheet if his little "puddy paws" are dirty, and if the horse (oops, I mean our new puppy) jumps on there I don't want his baseball mitts on the sheets either. James is often in bed when I leave so I just usually tuck it all in over his head. :ROFLMAO: Just kidding of course! He probably wouldn't notice though! Even though I don't make it "properly" I do think one of the best feelings in the world is a freshly made bed, tightly tucked, with freshly washed and dried sheets, blankets, and pillow cases.

:) Barbara

I am a bed maker. I have a real bedspread not the more popular "duvets" I like the look better. I have one for summer that is lighter.

Since we moved to 2 story house and our bedroom is on the second floor I have been able to not make the bed up, but I still prefer having the bed made. Hospital corners and all!

After years of fighting with DW, and trying to make her to the bed, I gave up. No more bed making.

I love the made up bed though.

I make the bed each and every morning but it's so easy! We have a Sleigh Bed and the bedding tucks in so tightly when I change the sheets all I need do is pull up the bedding and toss the pillows and decor pillows on top - takes me about 2 minutes - unless, of course, the Queen Cat is still sleeping at the foot of the bed...then it's like shifting a ton to straighten the sheets! :LOL:

One caveat - when DH is out of town the bed does not get made!

:) Well I say a clean bed is better then a made up bed as long as it's clean.Who cares? If you take add up all the minutes it takes to make beds every day in your life span how many years do you take off your life.You could be sitting down and enjoying a good cup of coffe or tea instead.
Not to worry grasshopper the bed will always be there for you made or unmade!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom