Do you make your bed every morning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michelemarie

Executive Chef
Silly question - nothing to do with cooking - just wondering - do you make your bed every morning?

I do, perfectly, throw pillows and everything else on top.

Yep, every day. Except today--I will wash the sheets today.

If Ed McMahon ever brings my money, I will have the maid wash the sheets every day, and hang them in the sun to dry.

I even feel a bit funny leaving a motel room without making my bed.

I make my bed never. It's not that I mind making the bed, but it just doesn't seem to be as comfortable slipping into a perfectly made bed as one that looks slept in. Probably just a mental quirk of mine.

I don't "make the bed" in terms of smoothing everything out and tucking in the sheets, I shake the duvet and put that on correctly and call it done.

The bed gets made when the sheets are changed or when we are expecting guests. Otherwise, no.

Nope... bed is in total chaos every day... I only make it when we are having company over, and even then it is a rag-tag job!!

I don't. My mother and father do though and I grew up having to make my bed. My DH certainly doesn't "lol". Sometimes I will if I'm feeling up for it. When the sheets get changed, the bed gets made. Perhaps if company is coming and I think they are going to go into my room, not likely though.

Well it gets made daily! If done by me then, not the best job in the world for sure. I love fresh sheets air dried in the wind and sun! Nothing like clean sheets every other day!!......:sleep: Zzzzzz Zzzzzzzz

People don't invest in as much bedding as they used to. Nowadays maybe two sets of sheets at the most per bed. With some extra backups.

When I pull the covers over my head for an extra few minutes of sleep to dream about sleeping in, it's made.

it would be interesting to see if we have any Ex-Military lads on here, and how they answer :)

Nope, I don't. To be honest it's the last thing on my mind at 7:30am when I'm getting up for school. I'm lucky I'm still young enough to have my mum do these things for me :P

But on rare ocassion, if I do make it I only shake out the duvet and put it on right. I have little patience for much else.

I do a full sheet change twice a week, I love frsh linen, and preferably white. I have a couple of non-white sets of sheets from student days and they get used sometimes, but not so often. Because I do a full change twice weekly I do not strip and retuck daily, my bottom sheets (flat not fitted!) would not dare move in that time! But because I don't strip fully daily I leave it to air, so plump pillows and fold back duvet, and any blankets and top sheets. These days I'm home so I remake after a good airing around lunch time, when I'm working I fold it all up when I get home from work, or just before bed.

I like beautiful linen, and aking the bed is an oppertunity to enjoy it. Folding back everything neatly I can do as I get up, takes seconds, I can make from scratch in justa few minutes. But its a few moments with beautiful things I have chosen, its a pleasure, (I sound worryingly obsessive but its my philosphy towards most things in the home, things should be beautiful and useful or not in my house, lol)

college_cook said:
I make my bed never. It's not that I mind making the bed, but it just doesn't seem to be as comfortable slipping into a perfectly made bed as one that looks slept in. Probably just a mental quirk of mine.

How funny College Cook - I am the exact opposite, I would rather get into a bed that is made than an unmade bed! Knowing me, it is a mental quirk of mind!

I definitely make my bed every morning - my bedroom has a half canape over the bed and the wall behind my bed is in the same fabric as my bedspread.

I love looking at the bedroom when everything is in place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom