Do you read all the posts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PolishedTopaz

Sous Chef
When responding to a thread? I do particularly when responding to someone looking for a recipe, just to ensure that I am not repeating or threepeating what someone may have alrerady suggested. How bout you?

I try to, but don't always succeed. I really don't like sitting at the computer for hours. And I don't log in every day. I, too, don't like to suggest what others already have. So I try to read all first, but don't always succeed before putting my two cents' worth in.

Another reason I try to read the posts? Memory. I'm not so much worried about saying something someone else already said as repeating myself, especially when a post comes up that hasn't in quite awhile. Gee, someone wants to know about cooking duck. If I don't look, it may turn out that I answered the post a month or two ago, and just don't remember!

It's so obvious when someone doesn't read all the responses first. Unless it's one of those ongoing game things that go on and on, I really try to read all the responses. Actually, I think it's almost rude for people to not pay any attention to what was said before them, thinking their own response is all important. Jes' sayin....

I do. I'm kinda slow on the uptake, though. I respond, then often find someone else has beat me to it!

I try to simply because if I have something to offer I don't want it to be something already posted.

Another reason is that embedded in a thread can be many great variations of a recipe and missing those can be a real loss sometimes.

Lots of great contributions on this forum and I sure love reading as many as possible !

No. There are many topics that simply don't interest me. I scan the new posts to see if anything catches my eye. I skip all of the games, movies, what did you read, watch, listen to. I skip most of the off-topic stuff, except Daily Trivia.

That said, when I do read a thread, I read the entire thread before posting. I am not inclined to add to the redundancy.

No. There are many topics that simply don't interest me. I scan the new posts to see if anything catches my eye. I skip all of the games, movies, what did you read, watch, listen to. I skip most of the off-topic stuff, except Daily Trivia.

That said, when I do read a thread, I read the entire thread before posting. I am not inclined to add to the redundancy.

I do the same SS. I didn't mean to imply before that I read each and every thread here. I do however read all of a thread if I'm going to make a contribution.

Kayelle said:
I do the same SS. I didn't mean to imply before that I read each and every thread here. I do however read all of a thread if I'm going to make a contribution.

+1

I read & respond to most everything that comes my way. I find DC to be supportive & kind.

Sometimes, even though I have been keeping up with a thread, I use the search thread, advanced to find out if I have posted to the thread. It's bad enough that I bore my RL friends with the same stories over and over, I don't need to do it on line too. :ohmy: :LOL:

I read or at least skim all the posts for any tread I'm participating in. If I'm reading thread I don't respond to, such as the cat or chicken threads, I'll check in from time to time to get caught up but w may only read a few posts.

Back
Top Bottom