Do You Shop at Whole Foods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Half Baked said:
I thought they 'rained ' on it to make it heavier at the checkout counter, hence more expensive.

The items that are sprayed with water are usually NOT sold by weight. Lettuces, parsleys, cilantro and other greens are mostly sold by the bunch/head or each.

Chocolate

I love chocolate. If I had to give it up to shop at WF I would. That store definitely is my weakness. The vegetables and meat still taste like they did when I was young. The parsley even smells like parsley. Also the gr. chuck still smells the way it should. They have more expensive things but the one thing that attracts me is the produce. I go there once week when I do regular shopping. I see people whose shopping cart is filled to the top. I often wonder how much their bill is and if they shop for the week also. Just curious. It makes me feel good to see people who are conscious of what they eat. They do offer different prices for same item. I cannot say enough about them.

Glad you brought the topic up. also good you shop there. Each week I find something new in line of food. Dried cranberries is a favorite. Also the oatmeal. Just lift the bread and see if you can find the same kind in stores today? As i said, I find something different each week.

Thanks for bringing the topic up. I may not have the big kitchen because I think what I prepare in there is more important to me. This week made some delicious chicken soup w/matzo balls and fresh parsley in them. the broth they have in box sure doesn't taste like others. Guess I am being partial here. it isn't down on the corner but at least I can shop there when I want.

Last edited:
TATTRAT said:
man, I need to check the one out in NoVA.

yall, got me thinking, and mouth a waterin'(and maybe wallet weeping):)

Hey, Tatt, which one in NoVA? They just opened one near Fair Oaks Mall, right off 66 between Centreville and Fairfax. Haven't been there yet myself, but hafta go see what all the hubbub is about.

Closest one to me in in Seattle, about 80 miles away. We usually go everytime we're in Seattle. They have a great sandwich making place and delicious brownies. The meat counter always looks good but raw meat in the car for 80 miles is not in our interest. They have good stuff but we certainly couldn't afford to shop there even if there was one closer to us.

corazon90 said:
Closest one to me in in Seattle, about 80 miles away. We usually go everytime we're in Seattle. They have a great sandwich making place and delicious brownies. The meat counter always looks good but raw meat in the car for 80 miles is not in our interest. They have good stuff but we certainly couldn't afford to shop there even if there was one closer to us.

In the warm weather months, we always carry an insulated soft sided bag with some of those blue gel in plastic ice blocks for shopping trips. I guess you could use a cooler as well.

WF has really good stuff. Most of it is quite expensive and I'm not sure it's always worth the difference.

Back
Top Bottom