Do you spend more time online than watching tv?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spend more time online, since my day job is Web site manager. I try not to watch a lot of TV, although I do have a small TV with cable in the kitchen. I'm usually watching either the news, the Food Network, or the Home and Garden channel while cooking and cleaning up. I don't have a TV in my office at home, so I usually have the stereo on when I'm online there.

You know, I have several friends who don't own TVs either. They say they can watch the few programs they enjoy on the net anyway and can watch DVDs on their computer. It makes sense to me. Kinda like getting rid of your landline when you get a cell phone. Do you have a TV tuner in your computer? The ones I've seen leave something to be desired as far as reception (unless you have cable hooked up to it), but maybe they are improved now.

My laptop comes with a TV tuner card, and since it is Windows Media Center Edition it also comes with both the card slot remote and the larger full function remote. So, I can watch cable on my laptop, air antenna, as well as many TV shows thru Comcast, and stuff on Netflix, and DVD movies, and downloaded movies, and with the full function remote I can record live TV as well as movies.
When I hook it up to the air antenna, it gets about the same reception as the TV if I hook it up to the air antenna.

Edit: I forgot to add I have the X2000 Media cable as well, so I can hook the laptop up to the Home Theater and anything I watch on the laptop I can watch on the Home Theater system, which is real cool for Netflix.

computer sits right next to the tv, so both.
But if I'm online its because either cartoons or video games are on.
Evenings I watch tv... but not so much in the summer. Gotta be OUTSIDE!

My laptop comes with a TV tuner card, and since it is Windows Media Center Edition it also comes with both the card slot remote and the larger full function remote. So, I can watch cable on my laptop, air antenna, as well as many TV shows thru Comcast, and stuff on Netflix, and DVD movies, and downloaded movies, and with the full function remote I can record live TV as well as movies.
When I hook it up to the air antenna, it gets about the same reception as the TV if I hook it up to the air antenna.

Edit: I forgot to add I have the X2000 Media cable as well, so I can hook the laptop up to the Home Theater and anything I watch on the laptop I can watch on the Home Theater system, which is real cool for Netflix.
I've never had a tuner card but I do have a SlingBox (actually, a different brand but the same thing). That thing is great for when I travel with my laptop. It lets me view my cable TV from anywhere I have internet access. It also has a little virtual remote. I like it a lot!

I don't have a tuner card. Just thought of something... I wonder if TVs will be pretty much obsolete in 10 years, that the computer will have it all in one. I remember being surprised that a cell phone can be a phone, a camera, have email, and internet. Now, it's so common! Anyway, just some rambling thoughts... I don't want to hi-jack this thread.

More time on my computer..I love to spend time with all my friends here.

But...I have a large round make up mirror on top of my printer so I do watch a TV behind me...the only weird thing is========it is so hard to guess the words on Wheel of Fortune..

Online definitely but the tv switches itself on at 7:30pm so it depends on the volume as to whether I can hear it or not. I normally record the shows I want to watch so I can watch em when I want to, often in the morning so it doesn't interfere with my day like the computer does. An episode of a series only goes for 30 or 60 minutes whereas the computer... I can go from breakfast to dinner without having achieved anything!!

TV or WWW? It depends on if I'm working on a website or not. It is then that after a while I get sick of the computer and with the exception of checking emails, ect., I avoid it like the plague.

More time on my computer..I love to spend time with all my friends here.

But...I have a large round make up mirror on top of my printer so I do watch a TV behind me...the only weird thing is========it is so hard to guess the words on Wheel of Fortune..

:ROFLMAO::LOL: !!!!!!egram, lfor

iNTERESTINGLY, WE ARE DEBATING OF GETTING RID OF ONE. fOR SURE WE ARE GOING TO GET RID OF CABLE THIS SUMMER. AND mAYBE EVEN PHONE LINE TOO. iT IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE.

That's the other reason we still don't have one. We don't want to pay $60 a month or more for something we don't seem to miss. We kept the phone line and ditched the cell phones. I guess we have gone back into the stone ages--or we would if it weren't for the glorious internet. :)

!pu em kcarc syug uoy ,wtB

Back
Top Bottom