Do you spend more time online than watching tv?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, more time online but, I also have a TV in my office next to my computer like Fisher's Mom. Buck and I aren't the biggest TV watchers, so being online is more fun for us. I also use the Internet a lot because of my occupation, so I have a good excuse.:rolleyes:

In any case, it's a little like waxed paper/plastic wrap...what'd we do before without them?

Online definitely. I used to watch a lot of TV, but then it got boring. I learn all the time from being online, plus youtube is a pretty kickin' site :-p

Mike

you tube or boob tube?

on line probably, but do have tv going all day, mostly food network.

there are so many things just waiting to learn about on line.

the recent strike has caused so many repeats on tv . it is hardly worth watching. mostly i read and watch tv.

babe:dry::dry:

I spend my time here..TV now and then in the evening usually sports..
kadesma

i can't help but watch a ton o' tv as there's always one on somewhere. at work and at home.
my online time is limited ;)(poorly chosen word, maybe?) to time at work, and a rare occasion at home.

i was thinking today, however, that a voice controlled computer in my car would be nice. my wife asked a question that i knew something about, but i would like to have had access to the web for confirmation and additional info.
so "advancing" technology will have a play in this, someday.

in analyzing myself on this, i realized that the question will become increasingly more interesting as time goes on for many people. before the internet, all there was for real-time video and audio infotainment was tv. hence, the addiction and devotion to it.
but now, for those who love constant input and have the "gotta know now" type of instant gratification syndrome, the internet is the way to go, and tv is just background noise or an occasional show to pass the time.

i'm gonna have to remember to bump this in ten years.

This will shock you all, but we don't even HAVE a TV! So, obviously I spend more time online. If we'd have one, I probably would think I couldn't do without it, but since we don't, I don't miss it.

DEfinetely on line. I do not have much time to watch much tv, but I am on computer for at least 10 hours a day.

This will shock you all, but we don't even HAVE a TV! So, obviously I spend more time online. If we'd have one, I probably would think I couldn't do without it, but since we don't, I don't miss it.
You know, I have several friends who don't own TVs either. They say they can watch the few programs they enjoy on the net anyway and can watch DVDs on their computer. It makes sense to me. Kinda like getting rid of your landline when you get a cell phone. Do you have a TV tuner in your computer? The ones I've seen leave something to be desired as far as reception (unless you have cable hooked up to it), but maybe they are improved now.

I suppose I spend more time online.
We have a tv but only use it for watching movies. We don't have cable or get any channels. I wish that we got pbs.
I spend the most time in the kitchen though. Cooking, dishes and cleaning. Majority of the mess in the house is made in the kitchen but not because I'm a messy cook. :LOL:

I'm with you, KS. I don't have a TV either. We keep debating on getting one, but when it comes down to it there are just so many other things we'd rather spend our money on. (And I can watch Lost online anyway, and skip most commercials).

And since my computer is in my kitchen, I guess I spend most of my time there too--just not cooking. :rolleyes:

since I spend over 12 hours a day in the Lab, and it`s the only place that`s online, then yes, Technically I do.
esp when coupled with the fact that I only watch TV for an hour or 2 before I go to bed :)

Back
Top Bottom