Do you use paper plates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you use paper plates? Poll

• Total voters
Unfortunately I I do, and way too often. It is just so easy to throw it away instead of washing that I have a whole stack seating on the table. Though they have gotten to be so expensive in the last 3 years, I am seriously making an effort to stop.

Driving into work this morning I heard on the radio that the city of Malibu is thinking of banning use of plastic disposable utensils, mainly to keep their beaches clean.

That is the most disgusting thing when people leave the garbage after themselves.

Garbage trucks in my area is run on fuel made our compost waste. And I get fine if I dont recycle and is found out, our landlord has built a recycling point next to car park, it is a little yellow house. Most recycling point for renters are yellow here.

Our garbage trucks run on natural gas.
Three separate trucks come every Wednesday to pick up 3 different colored trash bins. Blue bin for recyclables, green bin for yard clippings, and the black bin for all other trash.

And I was just on line this morning reviewing and paying my current bi-monthly home utility bill which includes electricity, water, sewage, and sanitation, all in a single bill. They're charging me $98 for sanitation (trash pickup).

Last edited:
Rarely. Usually to give things away. We used to have parties more often and I still have small coated paper party plates from 2007 I bought for our German exchange student's going-away party in the colors of the German flag ??

(so I'm late to the party, again!)

Okay, so I voted to elaborate...

Yes, I use paper plates from time to time
(not often though, much to the chagrin of DH, he thinks ALL meals should be on paper plates, no fuss, no muss)
to serve a quick meal on, as others have already said, such as sandwiches and non-fork-and-knife foods on.

002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
[file photo-Chicken & Kielbasa Gumbo)

I also use them for mes en place, very handy.

And let me say here that we have a trash-pick-up-company that
goes through the stuff in our can and picks out the recyclables and ASKS us not to.
No really! I've gone to there facility.

I buy the el-cheap-o REALLY thin plates, y'know, the 100 count for about two bucks or so.

I also share some of my baked goods and so forth with our neighbors on these paper plates... I don't want them to have to stress over bring back a plate, y'know?

...And let me say here that we have a trash-pick-up-company that
goes through the stuff in our can and picks out the recyclables and ASKS us not to.
No really! I've gone to there facility....
I believe you, because we left the same kind of trash service behind when we had to relocate to MA. For ten years I had been used to putting almost everything out in the trash, on the curb, no limit. The only exceptions were paper and glass - they asked that you drop that off at designated "igloos" and bins. The beauty was, once the trash left your curb and arrived at the recycling/waste center, most everything was put to use. Plastics, steel, etc - recycled. Yard waste - composted. Garbage-garbage - burned and reduced to pellets, which were then used to produce electricity at a nearby electric generating facility. Now, if my trash won't fit in my rolling bin, I need to pay extra to have it removed. And "extra" means a lot of $$$. :glare:

I believe you, because we left the same kind of trash service behind when we had to relocate to MA. For ten years I had been used to putting almost everything out in the trash, on the curb, no limit. The only exceptions were paper and glass - :glare:

Love it!
It was that way for in Kaneohe as well in Southern Arizona, but here in N.AZ, it's everything into the bin.
The other bonus is, living in a neighborhood that's still under construction, we can take our over-sized and excess (too much to fit in our bin) rubbish to the big dumpsters! Our Construction Superintendent, my pal, tells everyone when they close escrow, to take their emptied moving boxes to the dumpsters, why pay extra to the trash pick up company? Isn't he the best?

We have weekly trash pick up, and twice a month for recycling pick up. We get 3 times per year of 'extra' curbside pick up at no charge...anything over that we get charged for, although I'm not sure what that charge is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom