"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #61
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Yes, the dog-laundry washer died.

what is happening with the dog laundry since then?

i could share a washer with a husband. just not a kitchen, bathroom, or a remote.
__________________

__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #62
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,341
Now I have to run an empty cycle with bleach after I do dog laundry. Fortunately, I no longer foster dogs so don't have as many loads of dog laundry every week.
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #63
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Park Drive Bar/Grill Los Angeles
Posts: 9,641
I don't have a choice. I don't have a hot water line running to my laundry room.
__________________
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #64
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
that must mean you are satisfied with your cold water washes then, no?
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #65
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I don't have a choice. I don't have a hot water line running to my laundry room.
Really? I had the DH run a hot water line outside so I could bath the dogs outside with warm water (and not have to run a hose out the bathroom window). It also made washing dog crates much more comfortable in the fall and spring--before having a hot water tap outside, the water was darned cold at that time of year. The tap is one where you can blend the two--hot and cold and hook up a hose. I had him rig up a laundry tub outside as well so I can fill it up with hot water and wash the LARGE pans during canning season (the ones that don't fit in the kitchen sink). In the winter, I wash those pans in the bathtub or shower.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #66
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Really? I had the DH run a hot water line outside so I could bath the dogs outside with warm water (and not have to run a hose out the bathroom window). It also made washing dog crates much more comfortable in the fall and spring--before having a hot water tap outside, the water was darned cold at that time of year. The tap is one where you can blend the two--hot and cold and hook up a hose. I had him rig up a laundry tub outside as well so I can fill it up with hot water and wash the LARGE pans during canning season (the ones that don't fit in the kitchen sink). In the winter, I wash those pans in the bathtub or shower.
He lives in L.A. The water never gets decently cold there.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #67
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
He lives in L.A. The water never gets decently cold there.
I missed that! I do have to close the outdoor taps for the winter otherwise I would have a problem. And, I haven't turned them on, yet.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #68
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I missed that! I do have to close the outdoor taps for the winter otherwise I would have a problem. And, I haven't turned them on, yet.
I turn off the inside valve for the outdoor tap. Then, I go outside and open the outside tap to make sure it is completely drained. I haven't turned on my outside tap yet either. I have to remember to turn it off outside before I turn it on inside.

Thanks for the reminder. I usually don't remember until I bring the first bucket of compost outside and want to rinse it.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #69
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I turn off the inside valve for the outdoor tap. Then, I go outside and open the outside tap to make sure it is completely drained. I haven't turned on my outside tap yet either. I have to remember to turn it off outside before I turn it on inside.

Thanks for the reminder. I usually don't remember until I bring the first bucket of compost outside and want to rinse it.
Mine are turned off inside as well, and the lines were opened up to drain. I'm not turning mine on for awhile <g>. I have lines running to the outbuildings, too, and have forgotten to close the tap before turning those on...
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #70
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
We have decided to continue washing in cold water....well we have it set to 20c so near enough cold and the new washing machine is doing a fabulous job
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
water

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.