Do you watch ultimate fighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i caught a recent ultimate fight, and was wondering how many people here watch, and what type of person enjoys a gladiatorial "sport" such as the u.f.c.?

Nope, I can't watch any of that stuff. I immediately think "That's somebody's kid!" One son just restored a vintage motorcycle and I'm having nightmares about that!

I have never seen it (outside of 60 minutes) but I will admit to some curiosity. My curiosity is because I hear it's real, and I hear it's close to street fighting, so I think it may be interesting.

Reason I haven't watched it is because of Studio Wrestling. When I was a little kid I thought Bruno Sammartino was actually kicking but.

sammartino.jpg

When I found out it was mostly fake and fixed I was put off of show fighting.

Studio Wrestling morphed into the WWF, .... so I guess I see TV Fighting as Bogus.

I'm with Bilby, I stay away from places that show TV violence.
I don't need a Youngster , or even an old fart, getting all pumped up and looking for someone to have fun with. I'm at that age that those things that quit hurting years ago are hurting again.

I saw something on one of the movie channels that was either this same thing or similar, but I remember I could not take my eyes off of it. I can not believe the stuff people will do to each other for money and fame. I don't think I will go out of my way to watch it, but it was crazy to watch these two men beat the crap out of each other.

I'm a NINJA WARRIOR fan.. I like watching skill and endurance competitions. They compete against each other, but don't fight each other. That is much more my cup-o-tea!

We've seen a few fights. The first one was really exciting but... the next ones just made me sad. I don't watch anymore. I can't handle those guys being so dang voilent with each other. OUCH.

I watched a video of it about 10 years ago, I don't know how much more extreme it has become, but 10 years ago it made me feel uncomfotable. I like boxing, but this didn't sit well with me and ever since I saw the video I have avoided watching it.

While I love gladiator type movies, such as "Gladiator"... or even "Gladiator" (take your pick, but I liked "Gladiator" better), I try to limit my fight TV to something more believable, like a Jean Claude van Damme movies :ermm: Or in a pinch, Steven Seagal :LOL:

Actually, the only reason I'm even replying to this topic is because I just found this: :boxing:

What other thread would I ever have a chance to use that? :)

I don't watch it, but I know Forrest Griffin personally. If I know that he is going to be on a broadcast, I try to catch it, but other than that I don't follow it.

And that is one thing that has made me spectators to the brutal sport...

I sharpened my teeth cooking for A manger(Lou Duva)

Though I have ties with Jess Willard, he was my great grand father, I had NO interest in brutal sports.

But, after meeting and greeting, and cooking for the like of Andy Golota, and Sweet Pea Whitaker, I realized that these dudes were just doing what they did. Some people cook, some people build houses...the guys just happened to beat the living H-E-double hockey sticks out of one another, but come the end of the day, it is all good. Just a job. Not some bar room brawl gone bad.

I have to give it to anyone that steps up to the plate for this type of sport...and that is all it is to me, a sport. These guys can devastate each other, yet still be friends at the end of the day, I think there is something to be said for that. They are professionals, know what they are getting into, and do it. If they are happy, fine with me.

If I didn't have family(and friends) involved, I might think differently, but these are real people doing what they do best, so be it.

i am with u. the boxing is just awful. why would i watch two men trying to maim each other?

all the other sports are just boring to me, only thing more boring is to watch golf. lol

babe

I am with you there. Don't like most sports except watching baseball in person and NASCAR on TV. That is it. I do like to golf on occasion, but have no interest what-so-ever in watching it.
I do have to admit I did like watching figure skating for awhile. :-p

Back
Top Bottom