Do you wear an apron in the kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never have worn one. Lookin' back, there are times when I shoulda. I 'spect that if I was to start wearin' one now, Mrs Hoot would look at me in that sideways way that she has and shake her pretty little head in puzzlement.

Never have worn one. Lookin' back, there are times when I shoulda. I 'spect that if I was to start wearin' one now, Mrs Hoot would look at me in that sideways way that she has and shake her pretty little head in puzzlement.

Lol

My fella got me an apron for Christmas last year. I'd always said I wanted one because I liked how they looked, but didn't really think I was that messy of a chef. Since I'm a huge nerd and a lover of pirates, he totally picked out a perfect apron for me.

Just recently took a picture of that same apron, a few weeks short of a year after I got it. I've now accepted how often I have the habit of wiping my hands on myself... and never step into the kitchen without my apron!!

Attachments

• IMAG0713.jpg
    IMAG0713.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMAG1060.jpg
    IMAG1060.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 178
I wear one at work every day. At home I wear one if I'll be in the kitchen all day, or I'm doing something messy, like tomorrow making christmas cookies.

My fella got me an apron for Christmas last year. I'd always said I wanted one because I liked how they looked, but didn't really think I was that messy of a chef. Since I'm a huge nerd and a lover of pirates, he totally picked out a perfect apron for me.

Just recently took a picture of that same apron, a few weeks short of a year after I got it. I've now accepted how often I have the habit of wiping my hands on myself... and never step into the kitchen without my apron!!

Yes, certainly a good idea for you to wear your apron V :LOL:

If I am not mistaken, that symbol on the apron is the Greek letter "Pie." A subtle hint.

I don't even own an apron. I have a large flour sack towel hanging at each end of the kitchen to wipe my hands or counter top off with. I very rarely get food on myself. I guess I have been in the kitchen long enough to know what all the bad habits and hazards are to making a mess. Only because I have been there, done that. :angel:

Yes, certainly a good idea for you to wear your apron V :LOL:
You would think I don't own any utensils & just use my bare hands or something :ROFLMAO:

If I am not mistaken, that symbol on the apron is the Greek letter "Pie." A subtle hint.

I don't even own an apron. I have a large flour sack towel hanging at each end of the kitchen to wipe my hands or counter top off with. I very rarely get food on myself. I guess I have been in the kitchen long enough to know what all the bad habits and hazards are to making a mess. Only because I have been there, done that. :angel:
You are correct, that is the symbol for Pi :)

I wish I knew how to avoid those habits and hazards! Sometimes I swear a tornado must've blown through while I was cooking. :wacko:

Looks to me like you use an apron correctly Vanitas. Nothing wrong with using it for what it is designed. I do appreciate the Pi-rates...that is a good pun.

You would think I don't own any utensils & just use my bare hands or something :ROFLMAO:

You are correct, that is the symbol for Pi :)

I wish I knew how to avoid those habits and hazards! Sometimes I swear a tornado must've blown through while I was cooking. :wacko:

The truth is that tomatoes, beets, blueberries, any berry, and any other food that stains got together and came up with your name. "Let's have some fun. Let's get V" I heard them whispering. :angel:

That's it, Addie!!!!

And all the flours, sugars, breadings & other tiny grained foods got together and decided to throw themselves off the counter onto my floor :ROFLMAO:

Mystery solved :D

I almost miss the days I wore an apron at work everyday. There are days I do wish I was back in food service.

After 32 years in foodservice I am looking forward to not being in it, especially lately.

It is an odd mix of Love/Hate. The most fun I had was working in the dorm cafeteria while going to nursing school. :rolleyes: I went to nursing school to get OUT of foodservce:ROFLMAO:

It is an odd mix of Love/Hate. The most fun I had was working in the dorm cafeteria while going to nursing school. :rolleyes: I went to nursing school to get OUT of foodservce:ROFLMAO:
It truely is a love/hate relationship being in foodservice. I started in 1979-82 with chef's training & HRI mgmt. I did get out of it for 3 years when we moved to florida I went back to college & went into human services. But, when we moved back, same old story. The past 12 years my dh & I have a cafe & catering business, crazy busy with the holidays lately, sometimes I have to remind myself that is a good thing.;):LOL:

I've discovered that I wear an apron more than I used to, which is just fine because, occasionally, there'll be an unanticipated splatter or spill that makes me glad I wear an apron.

Also, this week, I was fortunate to snag a wonderful Simplicity apron pattern that I'd been wanting to have. It's a repro of a late '40s, early '50s apron style and I nabbed it at Hobby Lobby for 99 cents. Pretty good deal considering the listed price on the envelope is $14.95!

I can't wait to make it. The version I plan on sewing is the one all the way on the right of this link. I think I might even have enough vintage fabric in my stash to make it. If not, I'll find something appropriate.

I've discovered that I wear an apron more than I used to, which is just fine because, occasionally, there'll be an unanticipated splatter or spill that makes me glad I wear an apron.

Also, this week, I was fortunate to snag a wonderful Simplicity apron pattern that I'd been wanting to have. It's a repro of a late '40s, early '50s apron style and I nabbed it at Hobby Lobby for 99 cents. Pretty good deal considering the listed price on the envelope is $14.95!

I can't wait to make it. The version I plan on sewing is the one all the way on the right of this link. I think I might even have enough vintage fabric in my stash to make it. If not, I'll find something appropriate.

Those are cute, Katie. I would love that, too. Was thinking about making a simple one from my 4-H days and add a bib. Use a pretty calico, just for the heck of it.

Back
Top Bottom