Does It Work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All you need to do to keep a pot from boiling over is REDUCE THE HEAT! Nothing has to be cooked at a full, high rolling boil. Once I put my macaroni into the boiling water, I reduce the heat to medium high and just let it percolate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only if they had let the other pots boil over the demo would have been convincing and this product would be flying off the shelves....lol...
I agree. From what I saw, the one with the Pot Minder came close but never boiled over (so she said it worked), but the one without the Pot Minder didn't even come close to boiling over.

After our recent debate about boiling water I thought you might like an answer to the question of pots boiling over.

Pot Minder: Does it Work?

:chef:

I thought of this today. I was working with a patient on safety around the home. The card had a picture of a woman jabbering on the phone while her pot boiled over and my patient was supposed to describe what was unsafe about it. I came close to telling her "Forget it! Just buy a pot minder!" :D

All you need to do to keep a pot from boiling over is REDUCE THE HEAT! Nothing has to be cooked at a full, high rolling boil..

the only thing that i can think of that requires a high rolling boil for a period of time is cooking lobsters.

otherwise, i'm with you, tatt, and the "reduce the heat" crowd.

Back
Top Bottom