Does this drive you mad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
Yesterday I was trying to order 2 new headboards as we now have single beds to accomodate the adjustable one.
On the internet they were listed as 'out of stock' . So I phoned, to try to ascertain which store had them in stock. So then it begins
'Please listen to the following options'
press 1 for...
" 2 for .....etc.etc etc.
Then when you select an option you go through it all again!
Finally when 'a voice' ( not a real person!) asked if I wanted to reserve them , the message came back " this item had been reserved" The voice said 'item' ( singular) not 'items' I wanted 2. How to speak to a real person to find out whether 1 or 2 had been reserved!!:mad: I couldn't go through that rigmarole again!
In the end I got in the car and drove the 8 miles to the store to solve the problem.
Happy result though, I came home with the 2 headboards.
Are you asking " why didn't I do this in the first place?" I thought it might be easier to have them delivered. It wasn't!

it Infuriates me actually, although there Are some "tricks" you can do, if its the Bank for instance just keep saying "Agent" and press nothing, you get right through to a person :)
another one that can work is you press a number that ISN`T one of the options Or press nothing at all and keep silent.

I`m glad it all panned out for you in the long run though, at least you now have something to attatch the Handcuffs to tonight :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just like YT, sometimes I just wait on the line without pushing anything and get an agent. Another trick is to push O, for operator. I get through many times with that.

Different systems have different tricks. I usually use the silent/no button technique, and just say I don't have a touchtone phone. They still exist!

Sometimes it doesn't work though, and they cut you off. Then the "any other problem" usually works as if they haven't planned for it you have to speak to someone.

Maybe I'm just running short on patience and humour. After all you have to laugh at their system!

I really hate ordering things over the phone and also getting information about a particular product over the phone.

If the store is close by I will just drive over there.

I also hate listening to Robots so I don't answer any of their questions and finally I am connected to a live person.

Back
Top Bottom