"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

since my knees hurt most of the time, it is kinda hard to tell. when it is colder weather it does hurt more. i am really affected by the hot dry winds we have been having. headache, sore throat and dry cough. try to run a humidifier. it does help. does anyone use alleive? the ibophuren is not working so well anymore. plus my knees really hurt, when i first awake, usually have to take something then. all in all though for my age, i do very well indeed.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:17 AM   #22
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance View Post
I do have mild prescription pain pills, but since this is a long term situation for me, I avoid them whenever I can. I have found that arthritis strength acetaminophen (generic tylenol), helps a lot.
I only wish dh could take tylenol. It messes with his other meds too bad. It's a long term situation for him also. He has been on disability for the past six years and their is no relief in sight. He has no feeling in his left leg and wouldn't even be able to walk without taking the pain meds. That's one of the reasons we want to retire in Costa Rica,to get away from this constantly changing weather. It would do him a world of good.

Barb

Old 11-18-2008, 06:57 AM   #23
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
I suppose that it will eventually come the New Jersey. Probably should pull out the snow blower and weld the broken piece. Bad year for the small gasoline powered things. One mower starts runs a few seconds and stalls. Same with the leaf vacuum. I have another mower and a rake. Shoveling snow by hand is not somethning I would look forward to. Heck, maybe I'll fix all the small motors this weekend. After all I will probably mow once more and there are still leaves to rake.

AC

AC
Old 11-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #24
Sous Chef

Yes-My body gets achy when bad weather is on the way.....or when good weather is on the way.......when its cloudy.......when its Sunny...
Old 11-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #25
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner_chef View Post
lol... It's stinkin mid November!!! I want some stinkin snow!!! How can I get in the 'Christmas Cheer' without sNoW!?!
You are welcome to move to Minnesota, any time. As the matter of fact my neighbors house is for sale, very nice. Plenty cold here. I'll take 70 over snow any time. But I am not complaining.

As far as pain, yes, you bet, as soon as it starts getting cold, old wounds(figuratively speaking wounds) let me know there still there.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #26
Head Chef

My Arthritic hands hurt when it is cold out.

Snow flurries here all day and very cold.

Fettuccine Alfredo is Macaroni & Cheese for Adults.
Luvs2Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #27
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
I try to not think of my pains. It hurts too much. Right now my pain is being relieved by close friend and physician, Captain Morgan.
Captain Morgan helps my husband out, too. It takes the Christian Brothers to relieve my aches.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #28
Head Chef

For me its a nice Merlot

Fettuccine Alfredo is Macaroni & Cheese for Adults.
Luvs2Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #29
Head Chef

My right hand hurts where I broke it about 15 years ago on my step daughters ex-boyfriend.

My step daughter called us one day crying that her boyfriend had beat her up and broke her elbow. We rushed over to see her and found her in a cast from her shoulder to her hand. She had carpet burns across her back where he drug her across the floor.

He made the mistake of coming home while we were there and when my husband confronted him he coward in the corner saying he "Didn't mean to do it! It was an accident!" Well, he said that one too many times and I hit him so hard I broke my hand.

They called it a boxers fracture at the hostpital and congratulated me. I really don't know what came over me...I'm not a violent person.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #30
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
My right hand hurts where I broke it about 15 years ago on my step daughters ex-boyfriend.

My step daughter called us one day crying that her boyfriend had beat her up and broke her elbow. We rushed over to see her and found her in a cast from her shoulder to her hand. She had carpet burns across her back where he drug her across the floor.

He made the mistake of coming home while we were there and when my husband confronted him he coward in the corner saying he "Didn't mean to do it! It was an accident!" Well, he said that one too many times and I hit him so hard I broke my hand.

They called it a boxers fracture at the hostpital and congratulated me. I really don't know what came over me...I'm not a violent person.
Wow!! I hope I never get on your bad side.

Barb