Does your family eat dinner together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love2"Q"

Head Chef
every night ?
We do not .. our schedules seem to be conflicting most
of the time .. but this whole making two dinners every night
seems to be getting really expensive .. and i feel bad if the kids
have our left overs the next night .. but did not get to enjoy
the first meal .. but ... soccer season finishes this weekend ..
so we have decided no more after school activities for a while
(except swimming classes) ...
until we all get into a cohesive schedule ..
we are moving dinner back a bit to accomodate my work
schedule .. but i think that will be ok ..
what do you do ?

We do at weekends or if DW is working at home. Normally she gets in too late for the boys to be eating and she wants something lighter.

It's just me and DH right now. With our schedules of classes in the evening, we are not usually home to eat together. I try to cook on the weekends to have enough leftovers for the rest of the week. DH is usually in bed by the time I get home from class so I eat before I leave and he eats when he gets home.

we used to before kids .. but since then .. life has been
hectic .. i want to slow that down .. get the kids to try new things ...
and cut out a lot of the chicken nuggets and boxed noodles ..
plus i might get to bed earlier and get 8 hours of sleep once in
a while ..

we used to....always. Period.
Now DH works overnights so I eat w/ the kids and he warms his up when he gets up for work.
:(
I'd like to go back to normal.

Before I moved back to Kingston Nick and I had dinner together every single night. Once he joins me here in our new house we will go back to that.

just me , but when my kids were growing up, we ate together every night. it was never really discussed we just did it. on little league game nights we ate together at the park.

i think families need to make a point of doing that as often as possible. my daughter does. my son not so much. two eat on patio and the others in front of tv.

i liked it because only time we could share our days and feelings.

Most of the time we do. Set the table and everything. But sometimes schedules cause some conflict and we can't, but we do everything we can to plan it so we can eat all together.

monday, wednesday, friday, saturday and sunday yes,
but my late nights ( tuesday and thursday) I get home too late to expect the kids to wait, so when i get home i eat my dinner and they have their dessert.

We eat together more in the summer. As soon as school starts so does sports, soccer---->basketball------>softball. Plus from Nov. to April hubby works evening shift so he's not home. Then youngest DD and I usually eat together.

Yep.. only the two of us so it is not that difficult to sync up. Occasionally we eat at different times... but we are together!

I wish. I work till 8 or 8:30. By the time I get home I hope kids are asleep, or they can't wake up in the morning.

The dh and I have a nice little routine going on, when he's not working graves we eat dinner every night and either sit out on the patio or inside at the coffee table and put in a funny movie. We still talk over the movie, about our day and how the dinner is etc. We dont have kids (and arent planning for any) so this alone time together is really great. My biggest concern is making sure I can actually COOK every dinner. I need to remember that take out is okay every once in a while...

My husband and I are childless, but choose to have a regular meal time at supper time. 6 p.m., give or take. Sometimes we sit at the dining room table, sometimes at the kitchen table, and some times we just "sit around". But we pretty much set aside an hour or two to eat together in the evenings.

Yep, dinnertime is dinnertime at our house. Unfortunately, it seems like I cook 3 or 4 different "entrees" every night!! (finicky eaters.....:mad:)

Right now, it's just DH and I - we eat together most nights, except Wednesdays, when I go out with friends (he's invited but rarely comes along). When we have exchange students, we eat together as much as possible, but they usually have sports or other school activities going on a few days a week. We generally eat rather late - around 8 p.m. - and school activities, other than sports games or matches, are usually over by then, so we're usually able to eat together. It's a priority for us.

We always did when both kids were small. Ds works 4- 6 nights so it's kind of hard but when he is home we all eat together. Dh and I almost always eat dinner together except Thursday nights when I bowl or when he goes to play cards.

Barb

Back
Top Bottom