Does your home reflect your personality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a photo of our 4 room house...2 bedrooms and a bath upstairs, 1 bedroom and bath downstairs plus living area...combined living room, kitchen and dining room. Underneath is a full basement with laundry, darkroom, workbench, and carpeted finished area that used to be a den for our grandson.

Attachments

• house resized.jpg
    house resized.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 208
Now surely the deer should be in the pet pictures thread, lol!

What a very very beautiful spot. I'd love it.

my lil condo is quaint and cozy for just me. I get compliments when I have people over, and have gotten the, "WOW, I can believe you live HERE?!" Never quite sure how to react that way...just cause a guy has tattoos all over, and long hair(used to) and a "beard", doesn't mean he has to live like a he**s Angel. I even did all my own art:)

I feel it reflects ME on the inside, as for the outside appearance of me, I guess the jury is still out.

Yes, for the most part. I didn't put big $ into this place, as I want to sell & wont be doing any major renovations, so, the decor sort of fits my personality...

(Far) East meets West (Coast) - Modern/Asian/romantic - lots of glass, candles, b/w/beige with splashes of mute tones, uncluttered. Almond leather sofas, glass etageres (two 7 ft tall that house stereo/tv and glass shelving w backlights & mirrors). Glass dining room & coffee tables. Deco calla lily octagon mirror in the dining room. Tiered deco chandelier over the glass dining room table. Antique white fireplace with glass obelisks and glass mantel clock, with wall hanging wrought iron tealights above. (Had a tree in my living room w an uplight, but ditched it... may look for something more bambooey.) Two standing floor lamps that look like pillars, lit from the insdie, on either side of the fireplace. Black & beige area rug with pale pink & green flowers (sort of oriental looking), steel modern lamps with rectangular modern white shades. Black satin embroidered oriental pillows on the sofas. (They match my black satin oriental pjs & kimonos. I blend into my decor lol.)

B/W bedroom, modern patterns and oriental art, bamboo on the windows. Shoji (sp) lamps. I got a little carried away with Marimekko (pattern), I used to reupholster dining rooom chairs & is the pattern of my comforter and umpteen pillows on the bed.. some I made myself. I have a sundeck/pool/sauna, but don't use them much... although I love the ocean/water/sun.

The kitchen is very small, but I have a wall-mounted pot rack I love. I went to a glass/morror place and had a mirror installed to the back... sort of looks like a window. Still much to do... always a work in progress.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom