"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2017, 02:10 PM   #31
Head Chef

Last year a candy company tried to get us to eat Peeps, they taste weird to us and they had a lot left, this year they have made a Swedish version named Foamy / weird/ Shady hens , yeah Swedish is weird language. Taste really yummy.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:40 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

My sister and I always have had different interests in life. Anytime we would go to BJ's, we would agree to meet at a certain time while we wandered our own way. But I still prefer to shop alone. I don't like having pressure on me to hurry while shopping. I read labels, front and back. That takes time.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:11 PM   #33
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I lost Shrek in Wal-Mart one trip. It was totally possible he had wandered out of the store, forgetting where he was. Scared me to death. Finally found him in the automotive aisle, after searching the whole store from front to back. I have him wear neon t-shirts so I can see him easily. I also had a bracelet made for him with his name, address, telephone, my parents telephone and police chief numbers.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:32 PM   #34
Executive Chef

It is just me and psycho-poodle. He used to go with me to Pet's Mart, until he pooped on the floor. Pet's Mart is cool about that. Kroger, I'm guessing, not so much.

When I was married, my wife and I often went grocery shopping together. No problems. We actually rather enjoyed it.

Now, if I needed some "alone time," all I had to do is go to Home Depot or Lowe's. She hated those places. Then again, I couldn't handle clothes shopping with her -- especially if shoes were involved.

CD
Old 04-04-2017, 06:51 PM   #35
Executive Chef

BTW, if you are married or in a serious relationship, try to find Rob Becker's Defending the Caveman playing somewhere near you.

It is a one-man play that both men and women love. I've seen it twice, and laughed the whole time.

http://defendingthecaveman.com

CD
Old 04-21-2017, 04:37 PM   #36
Cook

In my family I do more of the shopping and cooking than my wife does. Yes, she sometimes goes with me. Sometimes I go by myself. She has no interest in cooking beyond TV dinners, frozen pizzas, cereal, and bologna sandwiches. I think this is why I got started cooking.

When you consider how large the earth is, and how the earth is just a speck compared to the sun, and the sun is just a speck in the universe, you realize there is no reason not to eat a whole chocolate cake.
ixamnis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
other