Dog Lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry you can't comapare tie to a live animal, and though you are right on patronising, I still think in this case they have stupid policy.

I haven't been following this thread anymore because there is just waaaay too much stuff being posted that I don't agree with, but I was drawn back.
In response to the last two posts (while I typed this anyway), Keltin was not comparing a tie to a live animal. He was saying that business' have policies and if you can't adhere to them, go elsewhere.
Adoption is a funny thing. On one hand you have the animal rescue group, shelter, whatever, trying to place a pet ONCE. Their "forever home" they call it. Too many people are too willing to give up on a pet that isn't "working out" too soon. On the other hand, they make it awfully tough for good well meaning people to adopt the pet. It's a real catch-22.
And in response to the other post. Is there any reason why the people that Ellen gave the pet to can't go back and adopt him? What, would they rather make a stink for publicity's sake?

Anyway, I too think we should get back to the original topic. Pets are a highly controversial topic and should probably be in some kind of "war room" forum, especially if we are going to discuss intentionally breeding mutts.....

JMO

oops, sorry. I guess then Ellen should have kept her mouth shut and nobody would be the wiser. For a place with such a policy I can't believe they would adopt out a pet to a "celebrity".

On their behalf though.... and I think I have the perfect reason/guess on their reasoning for the age requirement because I deal with pets every day....
I recently heard a family who had an older dog and four kids under the age of eight had to "give up" their 6 month old puppy. I took care of the puppy three times and told the owners that they better get a handle on her.... that she was a LOT of puppy and didn't seem to have any manners or training happening in her life. They agreed, but I guess giving her away was an easier solution for them. OK, I place companion animals on a higher level than a lot of people, but anyone with any feelings should realize that a companion animal isn't a throwaway "thing". They develop bonds.
Maybe that particular shelter has ran into similar situations with families with young children that just don't realize the effort it took to raise their other dog. Now they have young children and they add a dog that need constant supervision, or have no experience with dogs at all and have young kids......
Like I said, they can be too tough to adopt from. That's a fact, but they are looking to place a pet only once. Bouncing a dog (especially) from family to family just isn't in the pet's best interest. And Ellen's the one who signed the paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom