Dog Restraint (Homemade)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
Azia in Gwen's car:

img_1299924_0_47c8a3c68a7dc12a3e657d6b5bb36303.jpg

She can not ride in Joy until we receive the protective seat covers. They will be here by Friday.

I bought the carabiner and the C clamp at Lowe's. It works!

Your friend,
~Cat

You're pretty clever, Cat. Two things come immediately to mind. One, the dog is safely out of harm's way and, two, she is restrained enough to keep from distracting you or getting in the way of you driving the car.

Slick idea. I see so many people either buying special harnesses or trying to thread the seatbelt through. And I know at least here in PA it's the law a dog is to be restrained.
Of course, just a few weeks ago reports were released saying that dogs who are harnessed into a seatbelt receive more severe injury during a crash than those that aren't. Yes, there are crash test dummy dogs now. So in my book it's use at your own discretion, but my dogs are trained to sit their butt down and keep it there.

I have thought of this carefully and Gwen and I made an experiment to discover if it works. I pressed the brake very, very hard and fast. The shoulder belt did lock up and Azia did not go forward.

I have not had a car before in my new country. I want Azia to go with us in trips to the mountains. I think I feel more comfortable with her in a restraint. But I always go with the prayers of a safe journey before going out onto the road.

One of our neighbors is a retired pastor. He has the Parkinson's Disease. I took him to a dentist visit in the rental. When we got out of the car, I started to lock the doors. He said, "Don't worry about that. God will put angels around the car to protect it."
I said, "I think God has better uses for the angels. That is why He gave us these door locks."

He thought that was true. It made DA laugh when I told her this.

Your friend,
~Cat

DxW just bought a new car. With a sun /moon roof. I was sure her dog would be poking her nose out of the roof. Nope. She just lays on the back seat like she always does. Doesn't look out the windows or if the window is partially open, she doesn't poke her head out. She is the most easy going riding dog. And no, we do not restrain her in the back seat. Probably should but it won't happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom