Dog Safe Around Daughter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I say he should fair well with a pet cat too!!! They would be lovely together!

Mylegsbig said:
come on guys. that is the most ferocious animal i've ever seen. i'm asking if i can teach a toddler to ride it.

just jokes.

at ease.

So ferocious and beastly, that Massacusetts is presently wondering whether to ban the breed from residing here because of the recent rash of numerous attacks on children by the breed!!

Umm, as a matter of fact, if you live in this state, own a house, and you have either a pit bull, rotweiler, Doberman, German Shephard, or a boxer, your insurance co can charge you extremely high costs to insure your property!

Last edited:
my aunt had such a lovely dog many years ago...

he was a real baby as long he was young and small...
they put him down after he tried to bite her throat.. she still has scar at her forearm.

A friend of mine use to own and show his German Sheperd, he loved that dog. One night he put a bowl of food or water over the fence and the dog attacked him. He did put the dog down after that. Certain breeds I would never trust - they all have the animal instinct in them. But that is just my thinking.

it would go nice with rice noodle, crispy pancakes and lemon/ginger sauce, she would enjoy the new dog I`m sure :)

Mylegsbig said:
Hey guys. I have a toddler, she is kind of skittish, almost ADHD.

I got a new family dog for the house, and was wondering if you guys think this dog will be safe to interact with my toddler. Here are some pics of Him. We named him Skinner.

aaeba.jpg

Nurem-09302006-08.jpg

I don't have much experience with dogs.

Do you think it is safe to let my daughter play with my new dog?

I can see why you named him Skinner. Look at those ferocious savage-looking teeth!! Looks like he'll skin someone alive!!!

Which part of this dog is worst, his bark or his bite? Do you intend to have him put teeth in security or in your child?

This dog looks almost like Cugo!! I wouldn't let any child of mine go NEAR this dog, much less play with him.

He looks like he'll eat someone for dinner!!! He also look like the land version of Jaws!!!!

Last edited:
mudbug said:
I still can't believe that's a real dog...............
Me either MB, It looks like someone crossed a bear with??whatever couldn't get out of it's way:)

kadesma

That dog aint good fer nuttin. You ought to name him poopsalot! He sure is not a pedigree. He's totally untrained and untrainable!!! He's not a working mutt. He's a danger and a threat to himself because he couldn't be treated if he got sick or injured. Vets don't like um either.

Looks like he's got a $150 chow habit, a nasty disposition, and hike's his leg on expensive sneakers.

Get rid of the toddler and love up on that dumb animal. Send a picture!!!:mad:

Whatever breed it is, it's big and scary!! I wouldn't want to meet HIM in a dark alley, or at all!!!

Was he being trained as an attack dog? Looks like the woman on the left is wearing protective padding to be his training "target" and that looks like a gun or something in her left hand.

Last edited:
the dog in the pics is definitely being trained for a security/defense type thing. note that the woman holding him doesn't look in the least worried about what's going on. there's a whole school of this stuff called "schutzhund", which is A LOT of training for the dog involved. afterwards, a lot of people choose to compete in this sport with their dogs.

according to the wiki, the caucasian ovcharka is a herding dog from parts of russia, and shouldn't be kept by inexperienced dog owners.

but come on, this one's a TOTAL cutie!

Last edited:
:) People teach shepards and dobies the same thing he just looks more scary.Im sure he not mean unless he is being told to attack.
By the way I have a Sherpard and he is sweet as can be .

:) [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]Holly
[SIZE=-1]Dog[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]E-mail
this pet
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Printer
Friendly
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Magnify Photo [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]

Riverside Humane Society Pet Adoption Center
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Riverside, CA
(951) 688-4340[/SIZE][/FONT]
rhs@petsadoption.org
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Caucasian Sheepdog (Caucasian Ovtcharka) Mix[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Size: Large
ID: [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Notes:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Hello there! I'm Holly, a beautiful Caucasian Sheepdog. I am a very sweet and loving dog looking for a family to love me. Because of my gorgeous coat, I will require plenty of grooming sessions. (DO CHECK OUT MY NEW HAIRCUT! I LOOK WAY SPIFFY AND ALL READY FOR THE SUMMER!) I like other dogs too, so if you already have one, we can meet at the shelter first and see how we get along. A kind and gentle dog like me is a real find ya know! Come and meet me today!! [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
This pet is up to date with routine shots.
This pet has been altered. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

lol kitchenelf. i was hoping for a few more serious replies. lol @ teaching a toddler to ride it.

OOOPS - I will gladly delete my post - just let me know! Bareback or Western? (I rode a horse one time in my life so I don't even know if that's a real question :LOL: )

NO NO kitchenelf.

I mean in page 1. I admitted it was a hoax in page2 because i was the scared the mod was going to axe me.

lol, cheers

Mylegsbig said:
NO NO kitchenelf.

I mean in page 1. I admitted it was a hoax in page2 because i was the scared the mod was going to axe me.

lol, cheers

Not once did I take it as the truth Mylegsbig! I saw that baby on your chest so it never even entered my mind!!!!! I just winced because I was attacked by a chow - it went for my throat but I threw my arm up - I have an extremely high respect for animals I do not know.

kadesma - you made me spit my wine when I read what you said about it being a cross between a bear and whatever couldn't get out of its way. lmao

:) Any breed of dog can be taught to be a good obedient dog unless it's mentally ill or abused beyond repair:) but you must be the strong one(alpha) if you cant do that you may well end up with an out of control animal.My dogs know who is boss in this house and it's me.DH just doesn't understand them like me:)And it does not take a heavy hand but tone of voice and also alot of bonding and consistency.
I also really believe that the vibe in the house is the vibe in your pets if there is alot of screaming and fighting in a household it totally affects the pets.Our house is about peace and kindness and the dogs pick that up.
And yet the dogs know they better be good no mean stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom