Dog Whisperer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Recently found this show and noticed it is on everyday. It is so fantastic! This guy Cesaer (spell?) is amazing. Working with the problems of the dogs and wat ching them react and change their personalit y and habits. Grateful that the owners take the time and I am sure money to try to work w/the dogs instead of putting them down. I am BIG dog lover. More so than ever. This is embarrasing but yet at same time admirable that my niece fosters 15 dogs at the present and grooms them all as well. Most of them are old with medical problems. She tells me if she didn't do this she knows where they would be. I have only three as I t hink t hat is limit. Two require daily injections of insulin (going on six years for one and two for other) Going deaf and blind other one has arthritis. I hope you all could t ake time to see the show that is if you like dogs. Think it on National Geographic station cable. Most dogs are good example of how people should be to each other. Forgiving and accepting.

Last edited:
ITK, I admire your your niece for her dedication and heart!! Not many people are able to do that. I wish I could, but, dh would hang me from the tree!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Niece

Personally, the family thinks something is missing in her life that she devotes so much time to them. Underlying factor is her only child daughter ran off and she doesn't know where she is. Now she takes care of her granddaughter and her husband plus full time job. I am not going to question her reasons. She is always running to the vet for growths, eye problems, cancer. One good thing is she really doesn't get depressed if one dies because she knows that she did everything she possibly could to save it. Guess our family is just looking for the love they give. Do you have dogs? I remember you had dog die too. Wasn't sure if you got another or not.

Thanks for your comments about my niece. She is very kind person. Her mom was the same way. I think dogs have a place in this world. But that is only my thoughts.

Yes, ITK, I have 5 more!! LOL
One is about ready to go too. She a whippet mix that is 14 years old. The rest are 2-9. They are inside/outside. They have a doggie door except at night when they are locked in our rooms with us so that they don't bark.

:) Seems to me every one on DC has a real common fiber with how much we love animals.Makes me very happy to know this.:)

ITK - I love this show, too! Isn't it amazing how these dogs with major problems can get help and get better?

I'm a huge dog lover. We have 2 and I'd have many more...but like tg, hubby says "no, no."

Strangers

Thank you all for understanding. I will surely let my niece know that you care about what she is doing. She has her house organized w/ their cages and special needs.

I sure find it amazing how people who love animals will meet each other when walking their dog and immediately there is conversation like you have known each other for years. There is no pretense or fear just agreed interest in the life of the dog. I have never experienced rejection from a dog like I have individuals in my life. Some form of healing takes place when you share your life with a dog.

I am happy callie that you get to see the show. He seems to want the people to understand their animals and why they are acting the way they do. It truly is uplifting to me personally.

I am a huge dog lover...have two spoiled rotten dogs myself and am a member on two dog forums.

Anyone who fosters has a special place in my heart..well, almost anyone. Collectors who think they are doing good but are actually doing harm, that's another story.

I love that show. I have seen it a few times myself.

Right now my male dog is suffereing from seasonal allergies and is in misery...he's bleeding from his face, losing hair, non stop scratching. In addition to his allergy meds, yesterday he started steroids and antibiotics. Tomorrow I'm getting fish oil, herb milk thistle and I'm going to try to find local, unpasturized honey as well.

I'd love to have more dogs but ours are same sex aggressive. It is not an option. We did have a litter once, but that was before we knew better. Our dogs are a great match as far as their lines are concerned, but our male ended up being too big for breed standard.

Wow...sorry, can ya tell I love my dogs?!?

As my avatar credo for a dog forum, Dogs teach us how to love unconditionally.... if we could all learn to love like dogs do, we would not have some of the issues we have today. Dogs don't care what you look like, what you wear, where you come from, how mean you might be, all they know is to love you and that simply amazes me about dogs... I just can't love them enough!!!!

The only sad thing, is that their unconditional love can be so bad for them...those poor dogs that get abused by their owners but still come back for more and love their owners no matter what....

Angie said:
The only sad thing, is that their unconditional love can be so bad for them...those poor dogs that get abused by their owners but still come back for more and love their owners no matter what....

Very true, but they also demonstrate the ability to forgive, and for a human to accomplish that is so very difficult!!! If someone can forgive vs retaliate... I put much more stock in the person that can forgive someone doinig something atrocious than to retaliate. It is so sad that people do that to animals, and it breaks my heart!!!!

I agree, tho, dogs are taken advantage of because of their continued love and dedication.... that is what truly amazes me about them.

Oh I know...I am staring at my Kenzo right now...he's laying/sleeping on my spot on the couch. Finally stopped scratching..I can't imagine life without him.

My sister has two labs, outside ONLY dogs. Sorry, but I can't stand that. My dad's hunting dog died when I was young due to being an outside ONLY dog.

My dogs are inside unless they want to go out...

Angie said:
Oh I know...I am staring at my Kenzo right now...he's laying/sleeping on my spot on the couch. Finally stopped scratching..I can't imagine life without him.

My sister has two labs, outside ONLY dogs. Sorry, but I can't stand that. My dad's hunting dog died when I was young due to being an outside ONLY dog.

My dogs are inside unless they want to go out...

Yea, I think it is harder to maintain that relationship when they are outside all the time and you are inside. I agree, I like spending time with my pooches, and I am sure they love spending time with us!!! I just could not have it any other way!

ITK... I really admire anyone that is willing to take the time, effort and $$$ to try and support their pet. We had an Alaskan Malamute that had epilepsy and that was seven years of constant care to keep the seizures at bay and ensure his kidneys were not taking a beating from the phenobarb. He is gone now, but bless his heart, it was hard to watch when he was having those seizures.

Last edited:
There is nothing better than being greeted in the morning by your dog. The alarm goes off, snooze gets hit a few times, and you have an audience just staring at you with tails waggin'!!!

Angie said:
There is nothing better than being greeted in the morning by your dog. The alarm goes off, snooze gets hit a few times, and you have an audience just staring at you with tails waggin'!!!

Ours don't let us get past the snooze tho... they are ready to go at the alarm or the first bat of an eyelash!!!! Geeze, I just want sleep!!! :LOL:

Cesar Milan has a book out and I've just read it and it is exceptional! I love his shows! He's taught me more about dogs than I've learned in my lifetime and I'm thought to be gifted with them. He's fantastic!

Book

I plan on getting his book, or at least check it out at library. His shows are truly impressive. Not every dog has the same problem. Some seem as though they are pretty dangerous. He even imitates the dogs mannerisms. He makes me laugh when he shakes like they do. I don't really think he realizes it himself but wants the owner to know the dog is serious. People do need to have help in what their dog needs. He does fault the owners for the habits they develop. He never has said that it is the dog's fault! They are only reflection of how the owners t reat them. That is what so wonderful about this animal.

Yesterday I talked to lady who has license plate 'S4R-DOG'. I told her I knew who was boss in her family. She said she has one golden lab. A lso admitted that her dog is boss. Wouldn't want to ever have to give him up. This is the kind of person I can trust. Sometimes I find myself wondering how I can talk to stranger I never met before? Dogs are my weakness.

Well, I saw this post and just had to take a look at the show Friday night and I thought it was great. I was surprised at how great Cesar was with the dogs and how easy it was for owners to learn the techniques to use on their pets. I love dogs and I think this show will help me become more prepared for when I have a house and get a couple of companions myself.

Not Far

Sugar N' Spice said:
Well, I saw this post and just had to take a look at the show Friday night and I thought it was great. I was surprised at how great Cesar was with the dogs and how easy it was for owners to learn the techniques to use on their pets. I love dogs and I think this show will help me become more prepared for when I have a house and get a couple of companions myself.

Thanks for watching. I feel education is key to understanding life. I hope that day isn't too far off so that you can enjoy the love of a dog in your life. I cannot believe how the dogs know my moods. They seem to be getting more understanding as they grow old. (Or is that me?) You are missing a big part of life by not having a companion like them. People are okay; a dog can understand your spirit. Let us know when you get your house and find your friend. I wish you good luck on both.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom