Dogs in purses: does it annoy you too?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do dogs in purses bother you?

• Total voters
Dogs have legs, dogs can walk unless some physical issue presists. Dogs are companions, and deserve to be treated as such. I like taking my dogs with me where ever I can, but I do respect the space and areas that are not meant to be pet friendly places.

As for carrying one in a purse, I don't own one... probably one of the few females in the world that hates purses and would prefer to carry a wallet. Last time I checked, my little Binker-boy would not fit in my wallet!

If tiny dogs can go in a bag on a plane, then I want to know why my sister had to pay for the freight flights for her kittens when she flew. They were little.
(on a side note, I also want to know why my sister keeps buying cats outside of the state. Apparently they don't make cats in California. But that's another show.)

It annoys me. What annoys me more are the celebrities take them on the red carpet with all those people shouting and flashes going off. Little dogs are known for being anxious as it is, they don't need to go through that.

PetSmart/PetCo, I don't mind, I would bring mine if she liked it. I tried once and she got very anxious and scared. I like to see other people's pets though. I used to work in a pet store and every once in a while I'll see a pup I helped a family with all grown up and loving life and I love to see that the dog is doing well and the owners are enjoying them so much.

Other than those types of stores, dogs or any other animal do not belong anywhere else (except seeing-eye etc.) This wasn't a dog, but one time I was in an Atlanta Bread Company having lunch with my parents and there was a young lady with a love-bird type bird on her shoulder. ABC always has some samples of their pasteries out for customers to try and she was actually standing there picking up pieces and sharing them with the bird and reaching for more... Someone asked her to if not leave, quit sticking her fingers in the samples after feeding them to the bird. (And he was very polite and calm) Well, she started SCREAMING at him to mind his own business and the bird wasn't hurting anyone and whatnot. At this time the manager came out and asked her to leave as the animal being in a resturant was againt health codes. She was saying... "I don't see any signs that say no animals..." She finally did leave when he threatened to call the police with more screaming. All she did was embarass herself... It was crazy :wacko:

Question?

question was if I didn't like dog in purse? I don't care where a dog is he/she is welcome. To be completely honest, I can't stand people in a purse mine or otherwise. I wouldn't mind if a dog where in my purse. They are completely welcome. They accept me, why can't I accept them?

Have been around this world too long to judge what people do with their dogs. Maybe they feel the same way I do. People mistreat you. I NEVER had a dog that mistreated me as long as I didn't mistreat them.

Maybe I may be cynical but coming from a background of abuse, I feel for the dogs.

Only my opinion.

I don't normally watch Dr. Phil, but did any of you see that woman who was on a few weeks ago? She buys her dog expensive dresses, she lets the dog eat off her fork, she wants the dog (who she says is not a dog but a person) to be the flower girl at her son's wedding and to host the bridal shower! Her future daughter-in-law is the one who called Dr. Phil because she does not want the dog to host her shower. She (the dog owner) even had fancy invitations made, showing the dog as the shower hostess! Sheesh!

:wacko:Barbara

question was if I didn't like dog in purse? I don't care where a dog is he/she is welcome. To be completely honest, I can't stand people in a purse mine or otherwise. I wouldn't mind if a dog where in my purse. They are completely welcome. They accept me, why can't I accept them?

Have been around this world too long to judge what people do with their dogs. Maybe they feel the same way I do. People mistreat you. I NEVER had a dog that mistreated me as long as I didn't mistreat them.

Maybe I may be cynical but coming from a background of abuse, I feel for the dogs.

Only my opinion.

And your opinion is as important as any of ours!!:flowers:

Some lady had a dog in Wally World the other night. Cute dog but this poor child just wanted to pet the dog. She made a scene and it wasn't her fault, I blame the lady who brought her dog in Wal-Mart.

I can't understand why anyone would want to carry a dog (pet) as an accessory, but that seems to be what happens. There are some weird people in the world. I've seen a few of them on the Dog Whiperer. He seems to have to train the owners more than the dogs many times. Nobody brings their pets to my house. Anything that can't clean up after himself (except babies)aren't part of my guest list.

I don't mind dogs being in the stores. It's the dogs being in a purse that irritates me.
I wouldn't want to be in a purse all day, would you ?

My mom's purse is the BermudaTriangle. Put a dog (or me) in there and you'd never see either one of us again.

Why would it "bother you"?
If the animal was "well behaved"?

img_532175_0_8e04be9f76cbba78dfdde5c10937cf86.gif

Well, I do believe it's better than carrying a gun in your purse which a lot of women used to do. (and that was illegal too) :ohmy:

New business venture: Purses with pee pad accessories.

People with dogs in their purses have no where to shoplift. :LOL:

Restaurants: As long as they're not dancing on the table when the bill comes. :ROFLMAO:

:sick: Dogs fart!

Can dogs order off the kid's menu? :huh:

Which does your dog prefer a shoulder strap or a hand strap? :angel:

Is your dog to little to push the water fountain button? :-p

Dogs can detect the difference between angus beef and french fries that is why we take them to the drive-thru.....to check the bag before we leave. :cool:

What irritates me about dogs is the dog poop and some of them bite but the owners deny it when asked. :(

My boyfriend was walking down the street minding his own business when a dog bit him on the leg last week. Dog owners will make excuses for dogs and accuse us of being doggist for any complaints we make about them but I think dogs who bite should wear muzzles even if they are cute and being carried in purses. Especially if they are cute enough for an unsuspecting person to try to pet them. :mad:

YT: Aaawww how cute! I see your taking your monkey out for a walk.

purse carrier: it`s NOT a monkey it`s a Dog!

YT: excuse me!... I was Talking to the Dog!

The dog poop thing is a big problem around here. While some owners clean up after their dogs there are a lot who don't. Once, my husband walked in dog poop and didn't realize it. He tracked it all through the house! He made a mistake and walked outside with his slippers on. So I had to clean the carpets with this special disinfectant and a scrub brush. The consequence for him, he had to go a year or more without slippers because he could never find them in his size. Finally I did. He always remembers to change into his shoes before going outside now though! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom