"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
View Poll Results: Do dogs in purses bother you?
Yes! Those doggies need to stay at home! 45 77.59%
No. I think it's super cute and adorable. 11 18.97%
I carry a dog in my purse. 2 3.45%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #71
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
Not to say dont get yelled at just about everyday.
This made me think of a cute comic I saw. One dog says to another, "My name is 'No, No, Bad Dog!' what's yours?"

Barbara

Old 01-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #72
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
This made me think of a cute comic I saw. One dog says to another, "My name is 'No, No, Bad Dog!' what's yours?"

Barbara
The other replied, my name is 'Go lay down'

Old 01-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #73
Sue-Zee-Q

Oh those are so bad!
Old 01-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #74
Assistant Cook

I live where a dog would get eaten in my back yard. I miss having dogs so I enjoy seeing dogs wherever they are.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:09 AM   #75
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to wysiwyg
Dog are not ment to be in a purse.... if they were, they would be called KEYS, MAKE-UP, WALLET, etc. You get the idea....
The only exception to this rule is Belgium, where dogs are allowed everywere, even in restaurants, cafes, etc. where they sit by their owners.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:51 AM   #76
Master Chef

I wonder if it is just me, but the very few dogs in purses I have seen in my area always look like they are frightened to death. I sometimes think "all I would have to do is say boo or cross my eyes and the dog would keel over with fright".
I have a Beagle, my wife has a white minature fox terrier or some such dog that we inherited from my sons friend when it was 8 months old. It is small enough to fit into a purse, but you would not like what you would find in there after you took it out. And yes, I think it would probably also chew the purse while it was at it, just ask my poor slippers.
She at one time had the idea of putting her dog into a purse, but after showing her the movie "Legally Blonde" she changed her mind, LOL. Besides, that thing is packed already so in reality it would take a second purse to hold the dog in.
My dog, named by my oldest daughter, is "Lassy". A Beagle named Lassie, go figure.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #77
Assistant Cook

Lol, I said I carried my dog in my purse but actually she goes in the crook of my arm or a tiny carrier if she gets tired on our walks. 4# pup

No I don't try to sneak her into places but we do window shop together.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #78
Head Chef

Gidgett has her own belly bag and she loves it. She loves to go to fabric shops (where she is welcomed) and only occasionally when she really wants someone to notice her will she sort of grunt to get their attention. She is well behaved and well trained.

Service dogs are relied upon for more than sight these days, some are seizure dogs, some "hearing" dogs.

As long as the dogs are well behaved they should be allowed to be with their humans.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #79
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindatooo View Post
Gidgett has her own belly bag and she loves it. She loves to go to fabric shops (where she is welcomed) and only occasionally when she really wants someone to notice her will she sort of grunt to get their attention. She is well behaved and well trained.

Service dogs are relied upon for more than sight these days, some are seizure dogs, some "hearing" dogs.

As long as the dogs are well behaved they should be allowed to be with their humans.
I did a paper in college about hearing-ear dogs. It was an interesting topic to research.

Barbara
Old 01-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #80
Assistant Cook

My dog would eat your dog and your purse. He's not a bad dog he's just doing his job.