Dogs in purses: does it annoy you too?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do dogs in purses bother you?

• Total voters
Rejected

I applied for a wire haired terrier. The person who is charge asked all kinds of questions and after sending the application this morning, wondered if I had any other pets other than only ONE dog? She was really very critical and asked if I knew the dogs bolted toward the door to run out. I told her I should look to get a puppy instead of rescue dog that way I would be able to train a puppy. she seemed insulted that I wondered why she asked so many questions after filling out application with as much honesty as I could. I told her to forget about it that I would adopt from the puppy mill as her dogs that were rescued had no history if they came from mill or not. She claims if I wanted to promote or encourage puppy mills than to go ahead and do so. Here a person thinks you are rescuing a dog when the person in charge tries to put stop to it. I told her to just forget it. I don't know why she questions my hope to rescue one of her dogs. No wonder they are up for adoption! When you do you best and that isn't good enough, what are you to do?

I can understand places wanting to make sure pets are going to good homes, but some of them seem to go a little overboard. Some of the forms I saw when we were looking for a dog were so involved that I think by the time you finished filling them out you would qualify for top security clearance at the White House! And there always undeserving people who know how to get around the rules. Of course that doesn't mean you should get rid of the rules, but sometimes I think they are a little too rigid.

:)Barbara

Appreciate

Thanks Barbara L, you must know how I feel. They say that the sun will come up in the morning,so I hope it is bright because I feel so lost tonight. (Good time to have a James around! Someone who would try to understand) My little one just seems to be having the same feeling due to age. Both of us know what it means to be disappointed. He even makes the situation worse cause he always is like reflection of me. I wish he wouldn't be so caring. He is actually shivering. As they always say, these things have reason why they are happening. So just to let you know how I do so appreciate your thoughts. Hope one day I will say the right thing for you too. You're a good friend BL. I am thankful for you.. I wish you and James a bright day too.

That's so nice of you to say. I'll say a little prayer for you that you have a great night and that tomorrow really will be sunny for you in more ways than one.

It doesn't bother me to see a person with a dog in a carrier, whether it's a purse or the kind that straps to their belly. What bothers me is if they take their dog someplace where larger dogs that have to walk can't go. And if they don't get reminded of the law if they do. I don't believe in breed discrimination because a small dog is "cuter"...

Lol pacanis! Never thought of it in that way (breed discrimination) but you're right!

YT: Aaawww how cute! I see your taking your monkey out for a walk.

purse carrier: it`s NOT a monkey it`s a Dog!

YT: excuse me!... I was Talking to the Dog!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm gonna be giggling over this one for a while, thanks!

You and me both, foodstorm.
Sue Zee Q - how sad for your husband...and your time!
Our next door neighbor purposely walks her dog to our yard every single day, and if she sees me walk out or drive up to the house, she scurries back in the house, sometimes even forgetting the dog. Drives me nuts. And she wonders why I won't take down the hedge between our homes.

:) Ive done the rescue dog thing once.I had to answer many questions fill out forms tell them where I live, my vets number etc,etc. It was for a redbone coonhound.When I told the lady I lived on a six hundred thousand acre ranch she didn't believe me. It's not my ranch but Ted Turners and thats where we live and work. Anyway she called the vet and he confirmed that it was true.We got the dog he was flown from Syracuse,NY to Colorado Springs dh picked him up.All we paid for was the plane ticket and to send crate back.Plus I sent a girl $20.00 to cover her gas to drive him from one town to the next to the airport.He came already neutered,tatooed,shots and health certificate his name was Clifford we had him about six years before he died. All I can say is he had a wonderful life while we had him. People are always saying they want to come back as one of our dogs because they have a great life. Not to say dont get yelled at just about everyday.:LOL::LOL:

What annoys me is when we walk our dogs on the beach on their leashes (as you're supposed to by law) and other people just let their dogs run free which means you spend a lot of your time fending off other dogs.

No one loves their doggies more than I do, but I realize that my dogs prefer to be at home. They aren't a fashion accessory. Keiki prefers to be at home, and she whines and cries when we leave her. But she can live with it. It is more safe for her to stay at home (she's a Jack Russell). Yes, occaisionally I have to pick up after her if we've been out for more than a couple of hours. She is ancient. Those of you who read this a lot know that she ran away from home one time (8 days). But I love her, and I do NOT believe that, even small as she is, she doesn't belong as a fashion statement. My one bit of advice to dog owners is to crate train them. Keiki is almost never in her crate these days, but when I pull it out, she crawls in and feels happy.

I live where a dog would get eaten in my back yard. I miss having dogs so I enjoy seeing dogs wherever they are.

Dog are not ment to be in a purse.... if they were, they would be called KEYS, MAKE-UP, WALLET, etc. You get the idea....
The only exception to this rule is Belgium, where dogs are allowed everywere, even in restaurants, cafes, etc. where they sit by their owners.

I wonder if it is just me, but the very few dogs in purses I have seen in my area always look like they are frightened to death. I sometimes think "all I would have to do is say boo or cross my eyes and the dog would keel over with fright".
I have a Beagle, my wife has a white minature fox terrier or some such dog that we inherited from my sons friend when it was 8 months old. It is small enough to fit into a purse, but you would not like what you would find in there after you took it out. And yes, I think it would probably also chew the purse while it was at it, just ask my poor slippers.
She at one time had the idea of putting her dog into a purse, but after showing her the movie "Legally Blonde" she changed her mind, LOL. Besides, that thing is packed already so in reality it would take a second purse to hold the dog in.
My dog, named by my oldest daughter, is "Lassy". A Beagle named Lassie, go figure.

Lol, I said I carried my dog in my purse but actually she goes in the crook of my arm or a tiny carrier if she gets tired on our walks. 4# pup

No I don't try to sneak her into places but we do window shop together. :LOL:

Gidgett has her own belly bag and she loves it. She loves to go to fabric shops (where she is welcomed) and only occasionally when she really wants someone to notice her will she sort of grunt to get their attention. She is well behaved and well trained.

Service dogs are relied upon for more than sight these days, some are seizure dogs, some "hearing" dogs.

As long as the dogs are well behaved they should be allowed to be with their humans.

Gidgett has her own belly bag and she loves it. She loves to go to fabric shops (where she is welcomed) and only occasionally when she really wants someone to notice her will she sort of grunt to get their attention. She is well behaved and well trained.

Service dogs are relied upon for more than sight these days, some are seizure dogs, some "hearing" dogs.

As long as the dogs are well behaved they should be allowed to be with their humans.
I did a paper in college about hearing-ear dogs. :) It was an interesting topic to research.

My dog would eat your dog and your purse. He's not a bad dog he's just doing his job.

Back
Top Bottom