Dogs in restaurants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allow Dogs in Restaurants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't go to a place with people or dogs like that again if I encoutered one.

As for the hair in food, I am every restaurants best friend. I have never returned anything and asked for my money back. That is something that I just don't do. I don't complain, I just tell others about my experince, and that it is not somewhere one should go. I am "the happy customer" even if I am very unhappy. I don't like to make people mad, angery, or upset.
http://www.cookingforums.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
So, in effect, you lie about your satisfaction with a place? Not my idea of an ideal customer :rolleyes:

No I am neutral about it in the restaurant, under hair in the food circumstances. I am not happy or unhappy. When I leave I just tell everyone I know about my experince there.

to me, liketobake, that is passive-agressive & innefective. if you're unhappy with your meal, what is complaining to outsiders going to accomplish? as i & plenty have often said, 'do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.'
if my steak or espresso is below your expectations, what quite is accomplished by saying to 'sally' that you disliked it? would it not be more effective to say that you disapprove of your meal to an employee of this restaurant & provide constructive criticism so as to improve upon further recipes & customer service?

Last edited:
I worked in a restaurant once. The people I worked with were not nice. Anyways, there was alot of anger in that place. Most of the people who worked there did not even know how to do a return on food when it was asked for. Needless to say it was a place of anger for customers and for staff.

In some cases yes, maybe for the restaurant they would appreciate complaints. However, I don't like to cause conflict so I would rather just pay for my meal, however it was, and leave.

Also I don't want to waste my time waiting for another meal to come. I am a very busy person.

Seeing-Eye Dogs are okay .... things such as Paris Hilton and her froo-froo (or is it foo-foo?) thing in her purse is not - IMHO.

Of course ... if they allow smoking in public places again ... I might be willing to compromise ...

I think smoking (which I hate) falls into the exact same category...RESTAURANTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO DECIDE THEMSELVES!

Just as I don't really like to eat where people are smoking, as is still allowed here until next year I think. If somewhere is hideously smokey I just don't go in. I think the same could apply to anything, dogs, topless waitresses, whatever. LOL In fact the smoking thing is probably harder to solve because of risk to employees at the establishment etc. Still, I know plenty of people who don't mind working in smokey environments and know the risks.

In UK it is not allowed or dogs to go into restaurants (that I know of) but last night we had a meal in a gastropub (pubs are allowed to admit dogs or not into the bar area as they see fit). We had a great meal, despite the pair of labradors asleep by the bar where there owners were having a drink and bar snack. The dogs were about 7 yards away I guess and completely not interested, I suppose they are well used to lying quietly by bars. Most local pubs in my area that don't allow dogs have a bar dog who doesn't tolerate other dogs, so that is a reason for a ban. The bar dogs usually mope or wander ignoring people unless called over for a stroke. It makes a lovely atmosphere if you like dogs.

I think that if a restaurant decided it suited it to allow dogs in and the food became contaminated regularly people would soon stop going. Neither would they pass health and safety tests. Obviously the simple answer is to not do it in restaurants with trendy open kitchens, and to not allow waiting staff to go beyond the serving point in closed kitchens.

I stand my my originl point. I enjoy eating in a restaurant with well behaved dogs. I find it relaxing. I would take a well behaved dog with me if allowed and appropriate but I understand it is not always viable. I can't see what is wrong with allowing establishments to do what suits them and there custumers, and still lets them pass health and safety.

Lulu:I stand my my originl point. I enjoy eating in a restaurant with well behaved dogs. I find it relaxing. I would take a well behaved dog with me if allowed and appropriate but I understand it is not always viable. I can't see what is wrong with allowing establishments to do what suits them and there custumers, and still lets them pass health and safety

http://www.cookingforums.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom