"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Margi--good luck re: contacting him. He is extremely entertaining if you get to see on eof his shows live. He was in the Ottawa area last year and a friend took me as a thank you for some editing I did for her at no charge. Liked, liked, liked. I think the tickets were around $85 and we weren't in the "top" seats. Enjoy your time in Switzerland and Puglia!

Old 05-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Buonsera Bolas,

Bolas, I heard all about your trip to Miami and Fort Lauderdale ... Looks like you, your wife and Harry had a blast in southern Florida ...

Max is such a cool guy ... Looks like he just needs a lady friend ... Is he neutered or do you have plans to stud him ?

Have nice wkend, Ciao.
Margi.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #23
Executive Chef

CWS,

Thanks ... I get the impression, he truly wants to build a rapport with the 4 legged and 2 legged clients he deals with. He has led me to believe, the two legged clients are far more difficult than the 4 legged ! I am a fan of his too.

Thanks. Do you plans to get away for a few days this summer ?

Ciao, got to run, it is dinner time here,
Until tomorrow,
HAVE GREAT WKEND.
margi.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
CWS,

Thanks ... I get the impression, he truly wants to build a rapport with the 4 legged and 2 legged clients he deals with. He has led me to believe, the two legged clients are far more difficult than the 4 legged ! I am a fan of his too.

Thanks. Do you plans to get away for a few days this summer ?

Ciao, got to run, it is dinner time here,
Until tomorrow,
HAVE GREAT WKEND.
margi.
He does try to connect with his 2-legged clients (always the more difficult clients). I am working on a lit review in July and August. I am hoping to go to LOW shortly--but I haven't received payment for the work I did in January and am a bit strapped for cash.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
A friend of mine is a dog communicator...owners call her on the phone and put the dog on the phone...she makes good money doing this...Ooooookaaaaay,
I may come out of retirement. Nothing like earning money at home. And I don't have to worry about becoming exhausted from working. I talk to Teddy Bear all the time. I already know that when he licks my hand he wants a back scratch. The other day when Son #1 called me, I heard Teddy Bear in the background. I told him to put the dog on the phone. All I sad was, "Do you want a back scratch?" He started barking. Gee, my first customer. I am a success.! I am busness.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I may come out of retirement. Nothing like earning money at home. And I don't have to worry about becoming exhausted from working. I talk to Teddy Bear all the time. I already know that when he licks my hand he wants a back scratch. The other day when Son #1 called me, I heard Teddy Bear in the background. I told him to put the dog on the phone. All I sad was, "Do you want a back scratch?" He started barking. Gee, my first customer. I am a success.! I am busness.
I can put you in touch with my friend! My friends say that I'm a dog whisperer. I'm not--but the Saints (50+) that I've placed all go ga-ga over me.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I can put you in touch with my friend! My friends say that I'm a dog whisperer. I'm not--but the Saints (50+) that I've placed all go ga-ga over me.
I'd have to say you are more of a "Chicken Whisperer." Or Mrytle and Harriet are "People Whisperers." Cocky Rocky is just down right mean.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I have been watching ads on TV for this new show premiering soon. It's about some guy in NYC(?) who talks to dogs and helps them with their "issues".

Seriously? A TV series about a guy who talks to dogs (and they don't talk back).
I saw the ad last night for the show. I might watch just one show (and only if I am bored) if just for the laugh-ability of it all.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #29
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322
If you've ever gone to his show in person--amazing. And, the leaning into the dog works--the DH's dog is very needy, very "in your face." I was bit by a dog and had to have 250+ stitches (might have been more--that is when my mom stopped counting) in my head/face (1/4 of my scalp was ripped off). So I lean into him and he backs off. I don't like animals in my face (wonder why?!) I am also allergic so I like them to be respectful of my personal space. I obviously care about animals (chickens, dogs, and cats), but I have to have boundaries because of my allergies and history.
Wow that's pretty full on, that would cause many people to hate dogs, it takes a brave person to get past an attack like that.