Don Knotts (1924-2006)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I don't have all the details yet, but Don Knotts died last night of pulmonary-respiratory problems. He was 81. I always loved Don Knotts. He was fantastic as Barney Fife on The Andy Griffith Show. He was great in No Time For Sargeants (which is where he and Andy Griffith met, I believe). I also liked him on Matlock. Even as Furley on Three's Company he was ok, although that wasn't his best role, for sure. I loved his movies too, like The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, The Reluctant Astronaut, and as I already mentioned, No Time for Sargeants.

:( Barbara

We took our kids to see "The Apple Dumpling Gang" with Don Knotts and Tim Conway when the kids were very little. They laughed their heads off and we just sat there. I liked him on Mayberry better than anything, but enjoyed him on Matlock also.

Awww, I loved him!! I'll always remember him in "The Incredible Mr. Limpet" I watched that movie over and over when I was a kid!! He will be so missed!!

Mr. callie just read on the 'net that he died in a hospital from lung cancer. One of his last visitors was Andy Griffith...:(

I remember one time he said he played football...one player grabbed one leg..another grabbed the other leg and a third said "Make a wish"

He will be missed.

I first saw Don Knotts on the Steve Allen show that went head to head with Ed Sullivan on Sunday nights.

He was one of the 'men on the street'.

It was a great bit and looked forward to it before I had to go to bed (school the next day you know).

As an actor he was one of a kind, and will be missed.

:cry: AWWW I loved him in in Andy Griffin... then in three's company...,oh and matlock... he will be missed...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom